animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

My Blog

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

Re: My Blog

Postby zey » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi, Charles, ive had a look at your blog, and it's brilliant!!, i like your drawing's sketches and colouring!

my fav's are:

Crash bandicots first girlfriend,it's sweet and full of character.

Spyro the dragon, it reminds me of the dragon in an episode of 'She-RA' the laughing dragon!!
zey

Postby Charles » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:07 am

Thank you zey and everyone else who's been visiting my blog.

Wanted to mention that something pretty interesting occurred over the weekend. On Saturday the traffic to my blog actually outdid the traffic to the AN Forums! A large part of the activity is fueled by the Crash Bandicoot fans who are regular visitors. Crash has a large following and they look to have gravitated to my blog, so I do my best to keep them happy while showing new stuff as much as I can.

Here's something I showcased recently based upon a class demonstration from earlier this month.

Here's the topic as I describe the process of enhancing a line drawing by going from here...

GirlHeadLine5e.jpg

To here...

GirlHeadLine5a.jpg

It's making a difference in staying creatively active. I've been posting daily for 3 1/2 months so far with only a short break in early September. You're welcome to visit my blog anytime, and thank you for doing so.

http://www.zembillas.blogspot.com.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby TransRobo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:23 am

Charles wrote:Thank you. Here's something I added recently. Completed the drawings last week as part of the class assignment I gave myself. It's an illustrated character rotation where each pose is rendered. Clicking on the image will give you a better view. Here's the link to the blog article that features each drawing.

http://www.zembillas.blogspot.com

LittleMonsterRotation.jpg

Cute. ^^
TransRobo

Postby Car t00n » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:30 pm

Congrats on the heavy traffic of your blog!

Nice line drawing aswell
Car t00n

Postby Charles » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:03 pm

Thanks for the good word. I've been maintaining my personal art blog daily since my last entry. It's getting consistently good traffic and on weekends it seems to go up. That's strange cuz the trend on AN is to slow down a little during the weekend. In any case I appreciate the visits.

Here's the latest entry. Something I painted in acrylics as a demo at last night's class at the Academy.

VampireLady1.jpg

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Ellorioh » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:00 am

nice character design! Especially the drawings on Crash Bandicoot I find very successful.
Ellorioh

Postby Charles » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:41 am

One of the highlights of 2012 for me has been the development of my personal art blog. Something I've been meaning to do for years and finally got around to it in May.

I've been posting daily content with the exception of a little break now and then. I've seen traffic build up steadily to the point where I'm getting a consistent stream of visitors and lots of page views every hour.

Here's a recent entry from a doodle I came up with in class last week.

SkullMonster1.jpg

Maintaining a personal art blog has also helped me recover creatively. At the beginning of 2012 I was in a real funk. I was so far removed from my art that I wondered if I would ever be able to really get back into it again. I made changes, got away from things that were keeping me down and now I feel energized and ready to head into 2013 with renewed confidence and joy.

Thanks to everyone who's visited my blog, especially the Crash Bandicoot community. I appreciate the following that Crash has and am happy to creatively contribute towards keeping Crash alive for the game's many followers worldwide.

The blog has helped me understand further how important it is to offer content on a regular basis. I have special project on the way that I'll be launching online soon and my experience in maintaining a personal blog has helped in this regard.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:13 pm

I launched my personal art blog at the tail end of May of last year 2012. In the first full month in June it had 1638 page views. I'm on target to do 10,000 page views for this month in April. I'm getting really good unique traffic to my site every day with a nearly 50% daily return rate on a consistent basis with rising traffic.

I'm really happy to see links on people's Blogger accounts that include my blog as one which they follow along with other artists who are creating at the highest levels in the major studios.

This has given me incentive to artistically produce every day again. Something I had been distracted from to my great dismay but which I've gravitated back towards thanks in large part to the commitment I made to make this a daily blog. With my archive of personal work along with projects going back many years and especially the Crash Bandicoot crowd, I find myself enjoying a tangible fan base for the first time. My efforts are paying off with an increased following and attention to my art and not necessarily on my animation politics! :D

You're welcome to stop by and see what I've been up to for the past few months.

Thanks to everyone who's followed the link and made my blog a part of your daily artistic experience.

I'll Keep Creating! :)

Daily Z

Charles

Previous

Return to A.N. Gallery