animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

How much??? $20.3 Trillion in offshore accounts

News and events from around the world

How much??? $20.3 Trillion in offshore accounts

Postby Charles » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:45 pm

That's equivalent to a little less than the Gross national Product of the USA and Japan combined...

Uncovered: $20.3 Trillion Hidden in Offshore Banks by Global Elite

According to the most detailed study of the so-called offshore economy to date, conducted by James Henry, former chief economist with the consultancy McKinsey, the world’s richest people have taken advantage of cross-border tax laws in order to put away a shocking $20.31 trillion in offshore banks.

While this likely isn’t all that crazy to those who are familiar with the massive conflicts of interest in the Federal Reserve and the fact that the Federal Reserve works with banks to put Americans on the line for the failures of banks, it might be surprising to those who have no clue how the international financial system works.

More here.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: How much??? $20.3 Trillion in offshore accounts

Postby skynet » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:32 pm

I think we need a new word to describe the outer reaches of an insanely extreme greed, because "greed" just don't cut it anymore.
skynet

Postby Greg B » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:24 pm

Charles, all that data you can find on Jeff Rense's website as he's covered it for almost 20 years now.

Remember Jeff? One of the only media venues that allowed animators to have a voice when things got bad?

Well you'll see many of the world's top economists and analysts on his site and in the archives. We've known this funneling of money offshore for years and who was doing it. You can hear it in the archives of the Coast to Coast AM show too. Alex Jones' Info Wars as well.

It's funny how when we were telling the public about this stuff way back in the 90s that we were called "conspiracy theorists" and so on. Now look at the world. FUBAR.

The American people got ripped off and so did Europe. The White House didn't do jack squat to handle the bankers but bailed them out but not us the people who supposedly own the money. It's beyond absurd and mainstream media is just as guilty as the bankers themselves. Obama punked out when he was supposed to bring in "change". The economy is at a crawl and there isn't going to be any recovery with the way we're doing law and politics in the U.S.. We could wipe out the national debt in hours but we would need to control the Federal Reserve. People don't realize that China only owns around 8% of our debt. The overwhelming remainder is OWED to the citizens of the U.S.. When Nixon killed the usury laws, took us off the Gold Standard, when Ronald Reagan de-regulated and started dipping into the Social Security funds, when Clinton didn't put the hammer down on spending and unethical behavior and when George W. Bush got suckered into two wars we didn't need and also didn't drop the hammer on unethical business practices the U.S. went further into debt.

Cowardice, greed, and unethical behavior.bigotry and more led us to this disaster and the weather isn't helping any.

The Republican Party is run by sociopaths because it's easier for psychotics to penetrate that party and ideology. Matter of fact our only enemy in life are psychopaths. The sooner we learn to detect them and rehabilitate them the better the world will be.
Greg B

Postby Charles » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Hey Greg. Sure, I remember Jeff Rense and I'm also aware of Coast to Coast for a long time. Friends I know listen to it religiously.

Very few flippant accusations of conspiracy theorists being thrown around today eh? Most of what these guys were talking about back then has come to light.

The political right and the left are to blame. Both sides of the spectrum are out of their minds in my opinion. Then you have the great majority of Americans so overwhelmed by the audacity and smoke and mirrors of it all they don't know what to believe or what to do.

I don't buy into what mainstream media reports.

I also learned a lot of lessons when it comes to pro-activity in animation. I'm focusing on my business, on creating and teaching, and on quality of life as opposed to trying to make a difference within the system. Even in animation, I don't believe any longer that it can be done. Too much indifference in the herd. Set a positive artistic example. Focus on your projects and make a creative statement while educating others. That's the path that I see unfolding on a personal level.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to Current Events