animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

My finished animation "Birds", and a new project

Showcase your drawings, illustrations, video and media.

My finished animation "Birds", and a new project

Postby mr_sabby » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:06 pm

Hello all! First, here is an animation I completed about 2 weeks ago called "Birds".

This was animation to test out doing sound design, and simply put, just finishing up and following through on a simple story idea. Hand drawn, took about 2 months to do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Project:

"House"(Pending Ttitle)

I was sitting around with my friend one day, and we lamented that neither of us had seen an animation in 2d that had a scary or horrific element too it, that was believable, one of the many reasons being that digital colors are much more vivid and bright, and that creating a setting that feels believable is part of the fear. So I sought out to try an attempt at something vaguely suspense, creepy, horror related. In doing so, I tried something new with how I come up with the story. For this piece Im simply coming up with story as I go, creating a rough, slightly animated storyboard to showcase before I do the real thing. As such, as much as I have storboarded, is as much as the audience, myself and everyone knows so far! We'll see how this goes.., stay tuned. For now, here is a couple scenes storyboarded so far:

mr_sabby

Re: My finished animation "Birds", and a new project

Postby Car t00n » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Cool!

I think the animation of the bird is great, pretty lifelike. But the old man's volume and proportions change a lot during the short. Just something to keep in mind for next time!

The storyboard of the creepy animation is pretty nice. If you add some dark colors, eerie music, I'd be very afraid haha.

Keep going!

---------------
CartoonyAnimator
Car t00n

Re: My finished animation "Birds", and a new project

Postby Ellorioh » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:00 am

I like the different perspectives in the bird movie. I have to agree with Cart00n. The proportions of the old man in the scenes vary very considerably. In the final sequence where the man gets up from the bench, there are several errors.
Overall I think your film artistically demanding!
Ellorioh

Return to A.N. Gallery