animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Chance Raspberry's 'Little Billy' Kickstarter Campaign

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Chance Raspberry's 'Little Billy' Kickstarter Campaign

Postby Charles » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:25 am

I'm very happy and excited to be featuring the latest Kickstarter campaign that's come our way. This one is very special as it comes from an amazing individual that I've known for many years.

IT'S OFFICIAL: LITTLE BILLY, my Original Nostalgia Cartoon Series for kids (and adults) with Tourette Syndrome, ADD, ADHD, OCD, and other Special Educational needs is NOW LIVE on Kickstarter.com!!!

This Thursday, September 20th, 2012 at 3:00 PM PST, the official Kickstarter campaign for "Little Billy" WENT PUBLIC and is now accepting pledges worldwide.

HERE IS THE DIRECT LINK:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cha ... vd-blu-ray

To share this project on Facebook, Twitter, blogs, websites, texts, etc., here is the condensed link:

http://kck.st/RAW86R

The Goal: To raise $30,000+ in 30 days

Campaign ENDS @ 2:56 PM PDT on Saturday, October 20th, 2012

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Chance Raspberry's 'Little Billy' Kickstarter Campaign

Postby Charles » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:43 pm

After 2 days Chance has raised $1883 in pledges so far. That puts him at a good pace to reach $30,000 for Little Billy within the 30 time period for his campaign.

Good luck Chance!

Chance Raspberry's "Little Billy" Kickstarter campaign here.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:16 pm

In the fourth day of the Little Billy Kickstarter campaign and it's at $3,265 with 26 days left to reach $30,000.

Little Billy is an important campaign by one of the most generous, optimistic, upbeat, supportive, talented and all around good guys in the industry.

Chance Raspberry has overcome many obstacles in his life to become successful in animation and Little Billy will help inspire more people who are challenged by behavioral conditions. Chance overcame those conditions and he can help others who face similar challenges!

Little Billy cartoon will be the first cartoon that directly engages the subject as the central character of the series deals with a condition that sets him apart from others.

Help make Chance Raspberry's "Little Billy" a reality by dropping some love on the campaign and helping to get the word out to others.

Here's the link.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:41 am

Chance has 51 backers and $4,004 pledged so far. He needs to raise $30,000 within 24 days to make Little Billy happen.

Here's the link to the Kickstarter campaign. Help to make the Little Billy animation dream come true!

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:33 am

Chance Raspberry's "Little Billy" Kickstarter campaign has 64 backers pledging $5,629 so far of a $30,000 goal with 18 days to go.

He also has new video to enjoy...

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:36 am

Chance Raspberry's "Little Billy" Kickstarter campaign is at $23,376 with 3 days left to the deadline. His goal is $30,000.

He's getting close!

Man, it would be great to see this happen!

Here's the link to the campaign.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:25 am

Chance is at $27,406 pledged of his $30,000 goal for the Little Billy campaign with 28 hours to go!

You're closing in Chance! Good luck!

If you haven't kicked in with Kickstarter to fund the Little Billy pilot it's heading down to the wire. Help make this project a reality!

Click here for the Little Billy campaign on Kickstarter.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:44 pm

Little Billy is at $29,150... Only $850 left to go to hit the $30,000 goal with 22 hours left!

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:46 pm

Another successful Kickstarter campaign to report!

Congratulations are in order as Chance Raspberry's "Little Billy" will be funded!

Through 206 backers $30,641 has been pledged of a $30K goal and there's still 15 hours to go before the deadline!

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:26 pm

Here's the final tally on Chance Raspberry's "Little Billy" Kickstarter campaign...

A total of 220 backers pledged $31,491 to exceed the $30K goal!

Big congratulations to you Chance !!! :D

Looking forward to the Little Billy project coming to life!

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Greg B » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:55 am

I'm loving it. Charles, how many times had I said in the past that there would be alternate funding sources and procedures and now we see dreams coming true.

Crowdfunding and alternate distribution methods are changing the face of many industries. These successful crowdfunding campaigns means original works reaching the public without studio or political intervention. There's no telling what kind of new art will come from this.

Congrats Chance Raspberry!
Greg B

Postby Charles » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:15 pm

Congrats indeed!

I remember well the things you've said in the past Greg. You were and are spot on with it all.

One lump of cash for a creative individual, one giant leap forward for the rest of us!

The reverberations of his campaign are significant! Chance's Kickstarter success is making it possible for a whole new kind of business and pushing things along for others as a result.

This is a New Golden Age that's emerging guys!

Daily Z

Charles

WE DID IT!!!

Postby ChanceRaz » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:05 am

Thank you SO much for sharing this with everyone, Charles, and for you and AN's amazing help, support, and pledge to Little Billy!!! =) Thanks also to you, Greg, and to everyone else out there who's been following this thread, the Little Billy Kickstarter, and who pledged to bring my project to life!! I couldn't have done this without each and every one of you guys...WE DID IT!

As just one of the many ways I hope to thank you for your invaluable support, here is the complete rough animatic and theme song for the Little Billy Opening Sequence (Created by me @ CSUN in 2004)!!!

You guys are the BEST!!! Stay tooned to KickstartLittleBilly.com for any and all project updates and news! Thank you all, God bless, and here's to bringing Little Billy to LIFE!! =)

Love,
Chance
ChanceRaz

Postby Greg B » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:22 pm

Awesome success story!

You know what Charles, what we call crowdfunding today is something I and others started in the late '90s. We webmasters would solicit funds for projects.

I'm writing an ebook on Crowdfunding too.

Now here's a suggestion you and AN might like.

One of the top crowdfunding sites is GoFundMe.com. The owners contacted me several months ago to help them with something. I told them about comics/animation and they were all for it. In addition, Perry Chen who runs Kickstarter is a friend of a friend and we're going to chat at some point. What I'm thinking is that AN can team up with these crowdfunding sources so that animators and cartoonists can learn how to do a successful campaign. Once we get the drill down we can put up a tutorial of some sort on AN.

Crowdfunding is expanding by leaps and bounds and each company has different rules and guidelines. For example Kickstarter has a procedure where you have to reach your goal and it's for projects only. GoFundMe.com on the other hand allows for much more and pays you instantly. The owners are very accommodating too. Indiegogo I'm seeing successes with and a pal is using them for his non-profit where he coaches inner city kids in sports to prep them for college scholarships.

So being that AN is a non-profit and you educate kids, I'm sure the crowdfunding companies would love to work something out that works smooth. Believe you me, there's tons of money out there.
Greg B

Postby Charles » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:10 pm

Crowdfunding is the way to go for all kinds of projects. This campaign in particular really brought that home that for me. I've been aware of Chance's project for many years. If he went the traditional route of pitching to the networks, studios, Hollywood, the system in general he would've gone nowhere with it. Not just Chance but all the other great projects out there that are seeing the light of day cuz they're free from the status quo way of doing things through gatekeepers and are now able to directly market what they have to offer.

This is the most significant development for artists since the advent of digital production technology and the birth of the Internet.

I've revised my plans for 2013 and am structuring what I'm doing in a whole new way now. Instead of walls and barricades and obstacles I see clear paths and wide boulevards.

Everything is changing!

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Greg B » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:32 pm

Well said Charles!

Just look at what has transpired since AN started.

The Disney regime of suits fell like duckpins and a lot of that had to do with the proactive stance of AN where others hid. Now we're seeing distribution and funding changing in favor of artists. The same is happening with internet marketing that I've been working on for the past year.

Pretty soon, a competent artist will be able to start their own LLC and raise the necessary capital. One of my colleagues in the UFO research field gathered millions on Kickstarter and another on Indiegogo for their movies. Broke records at that. Never been done before. If they can do it, animators can do it and with the web exploding where movies can be shown on Netflix or Hulu, creators can get their works out there and let the public decide.

Good things indeed! Just wait til I show what I've got cooking.
Greg B

Postby Charles » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:25 pm

The one and only Chance Raspberry with a very special "Thank You" video for his successful Little Billy Kickstarter campaign.

You can also access the Little Billy project through Facebook...

http://www.Facebook.com/HesLittleBilly

And the official Little Billy website...

http://www.Facebook.com/HesLittleBilly

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion