animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Cowboys vs. Aliens - opens July 29 '11

Film trailers, teasers, commercials and music videos

Cowboys vs. Aliens - opens July 29 '11

Postby Charles » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:34 pm

A film to look forward to this summer.

Here's the trailer for "Cowboys vs Aliens".

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Cowboys vs. Aliens - opens July 29 '11

Postby skynet » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:34 pm

I don't know... I don't trust this one. Something goofy about it. I'll probably wait until it's on DVD.
skynet

Re: Cowboys vs. Aliens - opens July 29 '11

Postby skynet » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:06 am

Just as I suspected, this movie seems to have turned out to be a joke. I hope no one wasted money on it unless you were looking for a way to waste time as well.

----------------------------
This is a ludicrous spectacle, one that could only possibly work if it's played for campy fun. Instead, Cowboys & Aliens establishes a menacing tone in its opening few minutes, one that a six-shooter-and-UFO combo platter can't possibly sustain. While there's some comic relief baked into the script, largely from Sam Rockwell's nebbishy bartender Doc, this is still a movie that expects you not to laugh when a horse keeps pace with a flying saucer. Too often, Cowboys & Aliens is ridiculous without being silly—the butt of its own joke.

Cowboys & Aliens
skynet

Return to Live Action