If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney
Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter
Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery
I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn
When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones
And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus
A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney
What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi
Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones
Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb
News and events from around the world
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Here we are the day after Thanksgiving in the USA. We've stuffed ourselves on turkey, ham, maybe some beef, corn, and lots of other goodies from the American agricultural system.
I'm sure you've heard the controversy over genetically modified food. Did you know that the US Government has approved this use of this technology without any research as to what it can do to us physically?
Did you know that most countries in Europe, Asia and South America will not accept genetically mutated food products from the US?
Guess where that excess is going folks?
This is a must see video for any and all who are interested in learning just how bad this problem is and just how dangerous our corporate based agricultural industry has become for Americans.
Please watch it and share through your networks. This is very important for you and your family. Even if you watch just 10 minutes of it. Help get the word out about this growing evil that's casting a sick shadow upon our land.
Seeds of Death...
Here's a list of 15 oods to be aware of in the marketplace that tend to be genetically engineered...
Original article here.
The latest news about GMs? Canada’s decision to allow GM salmon and the Institute for Responsible Technology (IRT) releasing a report proposing a link between genetically modified foods and gluten-related disorders. Since no meat, fish, or egg products have been genetically engineered in the past (and were often considered the only safe zone), the news about Canada is especially disturbing.
Here are 15 foods you’ll need to avoid if you’re looking to sidestep GM foods. You can learn more about each item at the source links below:
10 you probably knew about…
1. Sugar beets: (Luckily, you can’t buy these right now anyways! Stay tuned.)
5. Golden rice
8. Animal feed
And five that may surprise you…
11. Papayas: 77% of this Hawaiian grown crop is genetically engineered.
12. Milk: Ah, RGBH (recombinant bovine growth hormone)! This GE variation is an injection into dairy cows to increase milk production and has been for sales to humans in the European Union, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia. In the US? 40 percent of our dairy products contain the hormone. Yuck.
13. Corn on the cob: Sure, 90% of corn produced in the US is genetically modified… but most of that corn never goes to humans. Sweet corn — the stuff that we eat — was GMO-free until Monsanto released its first GE harvest of sweet corn last year. Want to steer clear of it? Shop at Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s, who have banned the fake stuff.
14. Squash and zucchini: Often, these two are fine but approximately 25,000 acres of crookneck, straightneck, and zucchinis have been bioengineered to be virus resistant. Do your research.
15. “All natural” foods: Well, you don’t have to avoid these food labels, but you also should not assume that means no GE foods. There is currently no mandate on what a “natural” food is and that won’t change until the Food and Drug Administration resolve the pending class action suits against General Mills, Campbell Soup Co., and the tortilla manufacturer Gruma Corp.
Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/15-gen ... z2mXff5lXA
2 posts • Page 1 of 1