animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Remembering 9-11-01 through Building #7

News and events from around the world

Remembering 9-11-01 through Building #7

Postby Charles » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:56 pm

It was 12 years ago today that the attack on the World Trade Center in New York City occurred.

I remember that day well as do all who were alive and aware at that time. The old forums were really buzzing that day as AnimationNation provided the venue for the professional animation community to express itself.

Among the surreal events was the collapse of Building 7 in the WTC complex. I recall watching it live on TV and asking myself as it happened how it was possible for a building that seemed perfectly fine to flawlessly implode upon itself in a matter of just a few seconds. Something else that I found extremely suspicious was that the news people on TV were informed that the plug was going to be pulled on the building because it was supposedly damaged by the collapse of the towers and was thus made structural unsound.

To this day there has never been a satisfactory explanation of why and how the building fell and the news media has never pursued this story.

Adding to the mystery is the fact that Building 7 was the NYC headquarters for the CIA, the FBI, the IRS, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and other government agencies.

This video does a nice job of addressing the many questions that still linger concerning Building 7...

Daily Z

Charles

Return to Current Events