animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

How fast will the Internet be in 2020?

News and events from around the world

How fast will the Internet be in 2020?

Postby Charles » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:34 am

How Fast Will Your Internet Be In 2020?

FastInternet2020.jpg
FastInternet2020.jpg (51.7 KiB) Viewed 252 times

Congress is debating America’s broadband network with more urgency. How quickly can the U.S. catch up with other world technology leaders?

How high quality is the type of video that YouTube recently announced support for? So high, you need a 25-foot screen to appreciate it. It’s the latest reminder that as technology companies invent cooler and cooler applications, they won’t just eat up bandwidth—they’ll devour it. Can America’s broadband network, already under strain, handle what’s coming next?

Article

Daily Z

Charles

Re: How fast will the Internet be in 2020?

Postby skynet » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:34 pm

Asia is so far ahead of the US. They have been for many years, as far as consumer broadband. The US still has horribly embarrassing consumer broadband.

It seems like the speeds where I'm at keep getting slower all the time. They say it's much faster and all I see is much slower. I find myself streaming less video because of that. I heard that a lot of companies are getting too congested for the current technology and they are slow to upgrade so it's stagnating in some places. Maybe because they prefer that the money goes into their pockets than into the technology.

I heard major colleges are the only places that get the faster speeds in the US.
skynet

Re: How fast will the Internet be in 2020?

Postby SNAKEBITE » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:22 pm

Science is finding that less is more. You don't need more to supply the added need. You need less. Using technology like fiber optics and they have addressed light chips....they say by 2015 we'll have exceeded our mother board limit and move onto to light data...and I read this about 6 years ago..they know whats up.

this slower trend is probably just basic greed. Companies cut corners, give less and charge more...its the frog in boiling water analogy. they just slowly turned the heat on us so that we wouldn't know we were supper.

I mean, come on. we know whats up. we have the technology and they won't let us use it until they set it up so they can profit off it.

If they had control over the internet right now we would see mega technology come out. they just want their money so they act accordingly.
SNAKEBITE

Return to Current Events