animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

No, there ain't no extraterrestrials :)

News and events from around the world

No, there ain't no extraterrestrials :)

Postby Greg B » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:35 am

http://ufomafia.com/blog/virginia-extraterrestrials-visiting-earth

So I got into trouble last week having written a teaser to an essay stating there is still no physical proof of any intelligent extraterrestrials visiting or having visited Earth.

Now in the old days I'd be considered normal. Nowadays a guy can get lambasted for saying there are no aliens visiting Earth. Things sure turned around didn't they?

Even the top UFOlogists couldn't argue with me and we chat daily about UFO subjects.

My point being, sometimes people can accept something for gospel just because it's a popular thing to do. Even when no physical proof is presented.

So why all the hate mail? Because by saying there is no physical proof of an extraterrestrial presence I ended up focusing attention on the money making being done by groups, governments and the like who make phat loot saying there is.

Mind you I didn't say there isn't lots of evidence, I stated there is no physical proof presented to the public yet nor to private nor military as of this writing.

Whenever you introduce something to the public that has no resolution you allow that arbitrary thing to be exploited by con artists.
Greg B

Re: No, there ain't no extraterrestrials :)

Postby skynet » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:45 pm

...moving this to non-animation.
skynet

Postby Charles » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:37 pm

Here's an interest and intriguing compilation of video, mostly from NASA's archives, that begs the issue of some sort of alien presence around our neighborhood. Something to ponder.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Rob Lamb » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:14 pm

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." ~ Arthur C. Clarke
:o
Rob Lamb

Postby Greg B » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:14 pm

Just because we see strange objects does not equate in them being of extraterrestrial origin.

Our limited awareness of life on Earth, physics, chemistry etc. determines how we evaluate phenomena.

The Extraterrestrial Hypothesis aka ETH was first proposed by the U.S. Government back in 1947 to explain the then phenomena of "Flying Saucers" and "Foo Fighters". The public then assumed any strange phenomena may be of extraterrestrial origin because they mistakenly assumed we knew everything about Earth.

In now over sixty years of UFO research not one, not ONE bit of physical proof of anything extraterrestrial having visited or visiting Earth has been presented. The closest thing to any physical proof are suspected bacterial fossils found in a meteorite assumed to have come from Mars.

However, entire fields of study, institutions, religions base themselves on projecting that such ET contact has in fact occurred which is baseless in scientific fact.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that what we do have are lots of documents, eyewitness accounts, that can be interpreted as having a basis in some form of ET contact but again they're only evaluations and assumptions based on those evidences with no conclusive proof.

So until someone comes up with a body, wreckage, or live being, don't let yourself be fooled.
Greg B

Return to Current Events