animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Protons way smaller than thought

News and events from around the world

Protons way smaller than thought

Postby Plai » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:37 pm

http://www.nature.com/news/2010/100707/full/news.2010.337.html

I have a strong feeling that soon again we'll find out that everything is much smaller and larger then previously thought.
Plai

Re: Protons way smaller than thought

Postby SNAKEBITE » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:14 pm

Science is interesting. There are a few camps. the Mainstream who are usually funded by big corporations and banks who also fund the educational institutions of mainstream everything..and then everyone else who they call fringe...Einstein would be fringe considering how he got into science. So it amazes me we keep using this word fringe to keep it out of the mainstream...maybe mainstream should be called Mainnotstreaming. But I'm not trying to make fun of people.

There's a few physicists out there that entertain the idea of cells and atoms being infinitely divisible making them singularities. And if they are infinitely divisible then we are in essence part of that division, part of something larger then ourselves.

These guys propose that the whole universe is built upon fractals. Infinitely expanding and contracting. The ancients knew this. They speak of such things in all ancient texts. Structures are made with specific resonance and protons pop from the vacuum creating intentional life provide equilibrium for our spinning existence. It's pretty neat and really makes sense.

Check this guys works
SNAKEBITE

Re: Protons way smaller than thought

Postby skynet » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:40 pm

Oh, those crazy little protons. Funny how things will always change for everyone no matter who you are. What do you expect when we are chasing after forces that are slowly and constantly changing all the time, whether it is human error or not. We live in a permanently mutating and fluid like reality. I've long ago lost track of how many times I've said "Nothing is what it seems and it may never be what it seems" ...but an interesting thought to me is that one of these days as we spin further into the unknown we may all have to be on the same page. There's not really much choice in the end.... although, I think whoever is around when that happens will have to get ready for some surprises because truth is never exactly what you think it is. Nothing ever is.
skynet

Return to Current Events