animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

The political attack on teachers

News and events from around the world

The political attack on teachers

Postby Charles » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:05 am

I learned first hand, that teaching is hard work. Very hard work.

There are days when I wonder what the hell I'm doing, and what the hell I've done by going this route. And what I deal with is mild compared to what other teachers have to go through.

As important and vital as they are to the well being of and the future of society, the value we give to teachers is not very high. The teaching profession has been under increasing attack by politicians, and those attacks are getting worse as they try to cut teachers' salaries even further amid budget problems at the local, state and federal level.

I have a better idea than cutting into the meager salaries that teachers generally receive.

Let's cut the salaries of politicians across the board by a least 10%.

Anyway, here's an article about the situation.

Teachers wonder, why the scorn?

Cushy jobs? Glorified baby sitters? Educators see their value to society under attack

Article

Daily Z

Charles

Return to Current Events