animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

101 Things I Learned in Film School - NYC - Oct 21 '10

For those events that animation fans appreciate.

101 Things I Learned in Film School - NYC - Oct 21 '10

Postby Charles » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:28 pm

101 Things I Learned in Film School

10/21/2010, 7:00 PM, NYU Tisch School, Cantor Film Center, 36 East 8 St. (New York, NY), with Neil Landau & David Koepp. This event draws its name from Neil Landau's recently published book by the same name. In collaboration with Columbia University School of the Arts Film Division, NYU Tisch School of the Arts Kanbar Institute of Film & TV hosts Neil Landau (screenwriter, Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead) and blockbuster screenwriter/director David Koepp (Angels & Demons, War of the Worlds, Spiderman). Landau and Koepp's conversation will discuss some of the oft forgotten essentials to screenwriting and filmmaking while delving into personal anecdotes at NYU Tisch School.

For more information, go to http://alumni.tisch.nyu.edu/object/tacl ... 01021.html

Daily Z

Charles

Return to Festivals & Events