animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Cinequest 21 Screenplay Competition - by Oct 2 '10

For those events that animation fans appreciate.

Cinequest 21 Screenplay Competition - by Oct 2 '10

Postby Charles » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:06 pm

FINAL DEADLINE OCTOBER 2, 2010

CINEQUEST SCREENWRITING COMPETITION
Empowering the Maverick Screenwriter

And the $5,000 Grand Prize goes to...

INT. SCREENWRITER'S HOUSE - DAY OR NIGHT

MAVERICK SCREENWRITER takes advantage of the Cinequest Screenplay Competition, and the chance to win $5,000!

CUT TO:

DEADLINE OCT 2nd -- Submit your script here

Cinequest delivers a screenwriting competition that empowers screenwriters through discovery, acclaim, international recognition and professional career development.

Cinequest accepts feature length scripts (70-125 pages) in all genres. Scripts will be judged for Maverick vision, story, character development, dialogue, marketability and originality. An outstanding jury including top industry professionals will read the top 10 finalists' screenplays.

Please visit the Cinequest website for official rules and regulations.

PRIZES

Top Prize
USD $5,000
Top Ten Finalists
Scripts read by top industry professionals on the screenplay panel. For information on past jury panelists please click here.
A Roundtable session during CQFF21 with industry producers, agents and experts to discuss the business aspect of writing.
An exclusive roundtable at CQFF21 on "The Business of Screenwriting" with producers leading the discussion.
Invitation to the Screenwriters Appreciation Lunch.
Invitation to the Screenwriters Networking Reception including world-renowned writers. Past participants have included Academy Award® Winners Michael Arndt (Little Miss Sunshine), David Peoples (Twelve Monkeys), Christopher McQuarrie (The Usual Suspects), and Diablo Cody (Juno).
Two Filmmaker Passes with all access to films, forums and parties at CQFF21.
Filmmaker hotel rates during CQFF21.
Exposure and further opportunities with literary agencies, studios and influential producers.
Recognition in Cinequest press release.
Recognition on the Cinequest website.
Festival expert Chris Gore (Author of Ultimate Film Festival Survival Guide; Editor of FilmThreat.com) named Cinequest as one of "Best Festivals for Screenwriters." First Place screenwriter from Cinequest 18, Bill Schreiber describes his Cinequest Screenplay Competition experience:

"Cinequest has given me renewed fire as a screenwriter. The people I met were incredible, from passionate festival staff, to industry pros, to fellow writers and filmmakers. The festival works hard to publicize the top-finishing writers because they believe in the power of the script as the place where it all starts, and my cell was ringing with option interest before I even left San Jose. The Cinequest win helped me land representation in L.A., which resulted in attaching a seasoned producer who loves the script. I'm now being read by some of the most well-known production companies and all the major studios in Hollywood. As someone who lives 2,514 miles away from Hollywood, I'm living proof that Cinequest lives its Maverick spirit by providing an incredible opportunity to break in and get noticed, no matter how far away it all seems!" - Bill Schreiber, "Switchback", First Place at Cinequest Film Festival 18.

The stellar reputation of its program, as well as the multiple distribution arms, makes Cinequest a top strategic choice as a platform for emerging Maverick writers. Winners from the Cinequest 21 Screenwriting Competition will be announced during the festival.

Your Friends in Film,

Cinequest, Inc.

Cinequest
410 South First Street
San Jose, CA 95113
USA

www.cinequest.org

Daily Z

Charles

Return to Festivals & Events