animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

"Another Life" screening - Temecula, CA - Sep 17 '10

For those events that animation fans appreciate.

"Another Life" screening - Temecula, CA - Sep 17 '10

Postby Charles » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:35 pm

Hi all!

My son Nate has a film screening at the Temecula Film Festival on Friday Sept. 17 at 3pm and on Sunday Sept. 19, 2010 at 3pm. So, as a proud dad, I'm spreading the word. The movie is titled "Another Life."

If you're in the Temecula area that weekend -- or if you're in the mood to tour the Temecula wine country and see a few movies -- please stop by the film festival and check out "Another Life." There re are a bunch of other movies being screened as well!

Here's a link to a very recent article about Nate and his movie

http://www.swrnn.com/southwest-riversid ... -film-fest

thanks

Tom

Tom Ruegger Productions
20969 Ventura Blvd
Woodland Hills CA 91364
(818) 264-6333
Tom's blog:
http://cartoonatics.blogspot.com/

‘Another Life’ premieres at Temecula Valley Film Fest

It’s that time of year again – when hundreds of gifted artists flock to beautiful Temecula Valley to see their dreams come true.

Among those talented hopefuls to be showcased at the 16th Annual Temecula Valley Film Festival is Los Angeles-based filmmaker, Nathan Ruegger.
“I’m really excited about meeting the other filmmakers and just deeply honored to have had my work accepted (to the Temecula Valley Film Festival),” Ruegger said.

Ruegger, a recent graduate of USC’s School of Cinematic Arts, said he was thrilled to learn his thriller “Another Life” made the cut and would be screened when the festival gets underway Sept. 15-19, 2010.

The 17-minute short film tells the twisted tale of a decorated, female war veteran who has been tapped with the daunting task of assassinating a fellow soldier.

“The (idea for the) story snuck up on me. I’ve always been drawn to thrillers and strong female characters. The main character (in “Another Life”) just started talking to me,” Ruegger said, adding that the screenplay was complete only after nearly 20 drafts.

Played by actress Tracy Coogan, who brings a complex and intense range of emotion to the role, the main character is portrayed as a woman who is simultaneously haunted by her past and the specter of a future doomed to end in tragedy.
Speaking of Coogan and the 100-150 others who auditioned for roles in the film, Ruegger said, “I was immediately punched in the gut by their performances. It brought me to tears.”

Seeing his work and life’s ambition brought to life has been gratifying for this young man, who has seen the dark side “of the big dream factory” that is Los Angeles.

“I have always loved movies. They were my escape. To sit in the dark with the flickering screen, and share or witness a moment on the screen (with the audience) is a remarkable feeling,” Ruegger said.

Fans of film are welcome to view “Another Life” when it screens at 3 p.m. on Sept. 17 and 19 at the Movie Experience at Tower Plaza in Temecula.
To learn more, visit http://www.anotherlifefilm.com. Check out Temecula Valley International Film Festival for additional films, screening times and activities.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to Festivals & Events