animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Animation competition: Faithless ‘Sun To Me’ with Dolby 7.1

For those events that animation fans appreciate.

Animation competition: Faithless ‘Sun To Me’ with Dolby 7.1

Postby DolbyBuzz » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:41 am

Hi Animation Nation,

Thought you might be interested in this...

Dolby has joined forces with Faithless, Acer and Imagine to bring you an exciting prize competition for the summer.

The Faithless track ‘Sun To Me’ has been secured and remixed in Dolby 7.1 surround sound from their new album ‘The Dance’ and we want you to create an inspired piece of animation to accompany a segment of the track. The winning animator will receive an Acer Aspire Ethos with Dolby Home Theatre technology and their creation will be used by Acer and Dolby for demonstration purposes around Europe. You’ll also receive an exclusive red carpet screening in front of a VIP audience.

For more details and to enter please follow this link:
http://www.imagineanimation.net/?q=dolbycomp

@dolbybuzz
DolbyBuzz

Re: Animation competition: Faithless ‘Sun To Me’ with Dolby

Postby DolbyBuzz » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:50 am

@dolbybuzz

The closing date for the competition has been extended to 30th September 2010.

The competition judges will be Dave Pemberton, the producer and mixer on this project who’s worked with Motorhead, Orbital and Carl Cox. Andrew Wildman of 2000 AD fame and Adam Westley, Acer’s Trade Marketing Manager.

http://www.imagineanimation.net/?q=dolbycomp
DolbyBuzz

Return to Festivals & Events