animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

A.N.'s MVP 2010

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

A.N.'s MVP 2010

Postby SNAKEBITE » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:04 pm

In the spirit of honoring people, like Charles thread of AN's Person of the Year, I'd like to acknowledge
AN's MVP of 2010. This is someone who has given to AN selflessly and was there for the website when literally no one else was. This person worked through health and financial problems and wanted to see the site grow and evolve just as much as anyone, if not more. This person doesn't even work in animation at all and loves the medium just the same and believes in AnimationNation.com's core values and mission. This person gave selflessly and dealt with the intense personality disorders of me and C.lol This person drove hours every month to come to our monthly meetings to participate with everyone and to show further support to our movement.

Adrian Foster, AKA Slippersky, our webmaster is our MVP for 2010! You rock it bro. You helped AN so much, without you it wouldn't be possible to evolve this site into the multimedia platform it is today.

Sorry if I disappeared on everyone, but I had to take care of my new opportunities because I believe its all connected to what we are doing here as well. Adrian picked up the slack big time, with promises of no reward other then wanting AN to do well and prosper.

Much respect to you, Brutha Slippersky!!!!
SNAKEBITE

Re: A.N.'s MVP 2010

Postby Charles » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:17 pm

Goes double for me Adrian. You're a true warrior. We owe you much. Not just me and the Bite but all of AN and the animation community as well. With the challenges you face in your life and what you accomplish, and you still work the site and always maintain a healthy balanced and positive attitude.

AN is needed. This forum is very much needed in the industry and you make it possible.

Thank you brother. I nominate you a year ahead of time for next year's MVP.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: A.N.'s MVP 2010

Postby skynet » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:57 pm

Thanks!

I keep doing whatever I can. It has been a lot of work to build and maintain and it will continue to be, but it's been worth it.

Coming down to AN Night was always something I looked forward to but some other work has kept me a little too busy to make it to LA for a while and it will continue until Summer but I'll be there in spirit until I can make it in person and I'll be here working the site in whatever way it's needed.

Its been great to see everything about A.N. become something much more than it was...how long ago was it? 2 years? or 3 years since we started the changes? I can't remember. LOL.

Thanks guys!
skynet

Return to General Discussion