animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

And AN's Person of the Year for 2010 is...

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

And AN's Person of the Year for 2010 is...

Postby Charles » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:59 pm

I was thinking today about people that have made a difference in animation for 2010 for the better.

Then I thought to myself, why not honor someone in animation as the Person of the Year!

I looked first to people in the traditional organizations first, like the Guild, ASIFA-Hollywood, Women In Animation, the bloggers... who made the biggest and most significant difference in Animation in 2010?

It didn't take long for that person to come to mind and it was an easy decision for me to make as to singling out the Animation Person of the Year.

So I thought I'd acknowledge them publicly and thank them for everything they've done to help make the animation world a better place.

In my opinion, my choice for this award, if AN were to hand it out let's say, would be none other than...

...Drumroll please...

Tina Price

Tina is the founder of CTN (The Creative Talent Network) and also the CTN eXpo, which in two years has become the premiere exposition for the animation industry.

What she and her staff have done with this event is nothing less than extraordinary.

Personally speaking, at a time when I was struggling to hold on to something that would give me faith in any organization in the animation community, I found it in the CTNX event.

So thanks Tina, for all you've done so far, and all that I'm sure you'll continue to do in the future on behalf of the artists of animation. I'm glad there's someone like you out there who can make such positive things happen. When it comes to groups and organizations in animation, I can believe in something again.

You're very deserving of recognition and I'm sure that many others will join me in the future in acknowledging you for your efforts and accomplishments.

Have a great 2011.

Whatever AN can do to help in your endeavors, we're at your service.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion