animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Web series debut - Tyree Dillihay's "B-Rock"

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Web series debut - Tyree Dillihay's "B-Rock"

Postby Charles » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:25 pm

Have you ever wondered what it would be like if Barack Obama ever LOST his COOL?

Well, look no further...

From creator, Wayne Stamps and Executive Producers Wayne Stamps, David Corbett and Tyree Dillihay comes the 1st episode of a 12 episode series entitled, B-ROCK.

Check it out here...

...and if so inclined, pass it along and help the series go viral!

Feel free to offer feedback here, or visit Ree's site and the man himself.

http://www.tyree-dillihay.blogspot.com

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Web series debut - Tyree Dillihay's "B-Rock"

Postby Charles » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:02 pm

I fist met Tyree Dillihay at The Animation Academy when he enrolled in class there, around 2002 or 2003 I'd say. He impressed me very much with his talent, his demeanor and his integrity.

Since that time he's gone on to do extraordinary things in animation. You may recall his controversial animated music video "Read a Book" which landed him on CNN, being interviewed by the cable news giant no less.

Here's the unabridged version of Ree's "Read a Book". The video's had 2,140,047 since January 2008 as of this posting.

WARNING - Harsh language not for sensitive ears or young children or those who are threatened by non-politically correct content.

Here's video of Tyree on CNN...

Part 1 - The issue

Part 2 - The interview

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:27 pm

In contrast to the high energy and intensity of some of Ree's better known animated videos, here's one that shows the full range of the filmmaker.

It's called "Differences" and it's a gentle look at how we see ourselves through physical appearances, and how what we see shouldn't make a difference as to how we get along with each other.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:59 am

More than 3 weeks after we brought this to the attention of the community, AWN has featured Tyree Dillihay's B-Rock on AWN News.

Check it out.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:31 pm

Folks,

Some of you are aware of the satirical Obama cartoon, "B-ROCK" I executive produced alongside my partners David Corbett and Wayne Stamps.

If you don't know the premise, it's simple:

"What would happen if President Obama was actually THE HULK? And when I say HULK, I mean a big Gangsta Ass version of himself."

With that said, WE NEED YOUR HELP. "B-Rock" is in a tournament. It is literally the "Tournament" section of Atom.com.

Please visit http://www.atom.com/funny_videos/3EFBFF ... 701355E4C/ now and often!

Leave nice comments! Tell all your friends! Atom.com uses this Tournament to measure audience response to new videos. And there are development deals to be won by the victors! We'd like "B-Rock" to be one of those.

In the very near future (today, quite possibly), "B-Rock" will be a featured selection on the homepage of Atom.com. But please don't wait for that! You can support your President and his badass alter ego right away!

Thanks.

TYREE DILLIHAY aka R E E

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion