animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

What's "The Point"? - Animation from 1971

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

What's "The Point"? - Animation from 1971

Postby Charles » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:00 am

An innovative cartoon that was produced for TV, directed, animated and co-produced by Fred Wolf, whom I met on a couple of occasions.

Narrated by Ringo Starr, it's a story about a place where everything has a point, even the people. Then one day, a little boy is born who had no point at all.

One of the distinguishing aspects of the film is the music composed and performed by Harry Nilsson who wrote the story as well. The song "Me and My Arrow" became a hit.

The entire film is available for view on YouTube in several parts, and I'll endeavor to embed all of them here for anyone who'd like to see the film in its entirety.

Here's Part I...

Part 2

Part3

Part4

Part5

Part6

Part7

Part8

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion