animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

"The Passenger" by Chris Jones - one man, 8 years

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

"The Passenger" by Chris Jones - one man, 8 years

Postby Charles » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:59 am

Here's an animated film that's a must see.

It's called "The Passenger" and the creative force behind it is a fellow by the name of Chris Jones.

He lives in Australia and apparently, it took him 8 years to complete working by himself.

Take a look at what he was able to acccomplish.

You can also visit his website, see development artwork for the film, and follow the chronicles of how he was able to produce such an amazing animated short film all by himself over this long time period.

http://www.chrisj.com.au/

As of this writing, The Passenger has had 773,135 views on YouTube since November 2009.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: "The Passenger" by Chris Jones - one man, 8 years

Postby EAllen » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:55 pm

Kinda reminds me of Gareth Edwards, the director of the Magnolia release Monsters, a low-budget sci-fi film still in select theaters. Before that movie, he did History Channel-type specials for the BBC--all by himself and his home computer.

8 years it took Mr. Jones. It'll likely take me that long to finish these passion projects I've been slaving away on for the past year . . .
EAllen

Return to General Discussion