animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Animated nod for Golden Globes - Sanders/Dubois comments

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Animated nod for Golden Globes - Sanders/Dubois comments

Postby Charles » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:16 am

This just in...

Good morning!

On behalf of DreamWorks Animation, I’m happy to share the following statements from the writer/directors of HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON with regard to this morning’s Golden Globe nomination news.

"I woke up this morning to the news that ‘Dragon’ was nominated for a Golden Globe. Whoo hoo! (I really did make a Whoo-hoo noise when I heard). First, I have to congratulate all of our artists that made this film. Everything about this movie was a bold departure in every aspect, and it is wonderful that it is being recognized. Second, I think I will have another cup of coffee to celebrate. This time, extra sugar!"
-Chris Sanders, Writer/Director, "How to Train Your Dragon"

"It has been an amazing year for animation. The bar has been raised on every level, from smaller indy productions to big studio releases. I'm proud of our industry as a whole for its inspired, brave, and innovative work - and I speak for the entire HTTYD crew in saying that we're incredibly honored to be included in the group that represents the best of such a ground-breaking year. Thanks to HFPA for the acknowledgement and good luck to all of the nominees."
- Dean DeBlois, Writer/Director, "How to Train Your Dragon"

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Golden Globe Feature Film nominees

Postby Charles » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:21 am

The full slate of nominees in the BEST ANIMATED FEATURE FILM category are...

Despicable Me (Universal Pictures)
How to Train Your Dragon (DreamWorks Animation)
The Illusionist (Sony Pictures Classics)
Tangled (Walt Disney Pictures)
Toy Story 3 (Disney•Pixar)

See the entire line up of Golden Globe nominees at AWN.com.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Animated nod for Golden Globes - Sanders/Dubois comments

Postby Charles » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:44 pm

Also on AWN concerning the Golden Globes, Dragon's nomination and more comments from Chris Sanders.

Sanders Talks Golden Globe Nod
By Bill Desowitz | Tuesday, December 14, 2010 at 2:07 pm | AWN News

In touting his Golden Globe nomination for HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON, director Chris Sanders told AWN that he is most excited about the fact that "people have been treating it like a movie. Animators or not, people are talking about it in terms of the lighting and the acting, which is really thrilling because animation has come into its own."

Sanders emphasized the importance of lighting as well on DRAGON (in consultation with acclaimed cinematographer Roger Deakins, who has also helped out on Sanders' latest, THE CROODS).

"It was lit interactively, which means that Roger Deakins and our visual guys would virtually walk onto our set and light it as though they were walking onto any other real set. In yet another aspect, you could say that this has been treated much more like a live-action film… I will speak for Dean [DeBlois] and myself: We can leave more to the acting and less to the dialog in a lot of our scenes now because when you get together with the animators, you can ask for something that is obscure or subtle out of a moment -- and there's a lot of that going on in DRAGON."

Article

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion