animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

30 years ago today - Remembering John Lennon

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

30 years ago today - Remembering John Lennon

Postby Charles » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:37 am

JohnLennon.jpg

I was living in Kansas City, Missouri. I was working on a project for Hallmark Cards in my apartment in the early evening, listening to a classical music on the radio when the program was interrupted by the host of the show, reporting that John Lennon had been shot and killed in New York City.

The news devastated me and my sorrow was so deep I couldn't be consoled.

John Lennon was a huge inspiration in my life and the lives of many people the world over. When I launched the AnimationNation movement in 1999, as I wrote The Articles That Started This, I listened to his music to motivate me.

I'd like to have a dedicated topic in his memory, feature some videos, and honor John Lennon on the 30th anniversary of his assassination.

Here's the song I listened to when I was starting AN. All these years after he wrote and recorded it, it's still calls out to us in our time.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: 30 years ago today - Remembering John Lennon

Postby Charles » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:32 am

The brilliance of Lennon's music was evident and irresistible in virtually everything he did, even when it was animated.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:54 pm

In 1964, the Beatles behind John Lennon stormed America with a new sound that revolutionized music and pop culture. And they could back up it all up live.

The world will never again see anything like it.

Here they are in their first concert in the US and the start of the modern era.

Four years later, Lennon and the Beatles were still singing Revolution...

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:08 am

One more in memory of John Lennon.

I discovered this animated music video on YouTube and was quite impressed with it. I like the look and after watching it a couple of times, I have to say that I Feel Fine...

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion