animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

The stylus for artists, coming soon..

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

The stylus for artists, coming soon..

Postby Plai » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:58 am

I've been absent from posting for a bit but i still always visit. Just wanted to let you guys/gals know that we're about to release an awesome stylus for capacitive touch screens like the iPad and iPhone:

More info at: http://plai.tv/blog.php?id=22&p=&search=
Plai

Re: The stylus for artists, coming soon..

Postby Charles » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:32 am

Looks great! Thanks for the advanced notice. When will it be available, do you have a projected date? What are some of the features?

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Plai » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:47 pm

Thanks Charles! The projected date is before the end of the month of November. The features are that it's the only stylus to work on capacitive touch screens that is made of wood. It has 0 drag so it easily glides over the surface of your screen. The front tip works from 40 to 160 degree angle. The back tip works from 0 to 40 degree angle. And finally we figured out a cool way for it to still work even if you have gloves on.

This is our baby step into making our electronic stylus. We'll be posting up more pics and videos in the following days, when we do I'll post the links here.
Plai

Postby MrFun » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:52 pm

This is great news. Many of us have been waiting for something like this. I've got my iPad and I'm ready.
MrFun

Postby SNAKEBITE » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:08 pm

Outstanding!!!

Will this work on current technology or new models only? I'm about to purchase a iPad and I want to make sure I can utilize this fully!

Congrats!!
SNAKEBITE

Postby Plai » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Thank you for the kind words :]

This definitely works great on all the iPhone models, iPod touch models and the iPad. I'm not to sure how well it works on android devices. Once I get my hands on one I'll update our compatibility list. We posted some quick sketches on our blog (http://plai.tv/blog.php?id=23&p=&search=) using e.stylo:

I'll update with more info as it comes out, thanks again!
Plai

Return to General Discussion