animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Long Beach Comic-Con

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Long Beach Comic-Con

Postby paburrows » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:50 am

October 29 -31 Is anyone going? I went to the one this Spring and was a little underwhelmed for having driven 2 hours to get there, but I've heard that the Fall one if bigger. Did anyone go to both the Fall and Spring Con, I'm curious how they compare. It says that they want you to dress up in your Haloween costume.

http://www.longbeachcomiccon.com/
paburrows

Re: Long Beach Comic-Con

Postby SNAKEBITE » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:22 pm

I might go on Friday. We're throwing a big halloween party at my Gallery on the 30th so I'll be occupied. THis show is small, but there's always great talent there. But I'm only a half an hour away. two hours would make me think twice, three hours would make me stay home. but I've worked in comics for too long.

lol

Also, I'm dressing up as Snakebite. The coolest super hero I could think of...But I have no imagination.
SNAKEBITE

Re: Long Beach Comic-Con

Postby EAllen » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:42 pm

Whoa, Bite, is that a misprint? I have no imagination. Bulls#!t!

All one needs to debunk that last statement is to look at your trippy ass artwork you have on your online Gallery (needs no updating--art is forever)!

I'll be referring back to your post, Bite, in the coming days to figure out how I can fit in a visit to your Petra Gallery, either around the time of the Halloween party or earlier.

As for the Long Beach Comic-Con, I'm unsure as to what or how I will be able to make this. We'll see. One of the things I hate about my schedule, is that it's so damn unpredictable--oh wait, that's simply the artist's life!
EAllen

Return to General Discussion