animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Hollywood content sucks

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Hollywood content sucks

Postby Charles » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:41 am

And that's putting it mildly at least in my opinion.

The last Hollywood movie I saw was "Noah" with Russell Crow. It was so bad I thought I couldn't put it into words. The script was horrible and the acting was so poor it wasn't possible to hear anything he was saying. The plot was ridiculous and the only redeeming factor of the film was its VFX.

In fact that's about the only thing that's worth seeing in their movies anymore. The visual FX.

Toss in their abysmal TV content and you've got the perfect storm of a waste of time and if you spent money to see this garbage they churn out then you're throwing that away as much as your time.

Every once in a while decent content comes along. If I think about it hard enough I'll come up with something worthwhile. Maybe. And then it's simply a matter of waiting for it on Netflix or on the Web or some other alternative delivery system.

I'm not the only one who feels this way. Evidently many others do as the Hollysucks box office for the summer of 2014 is the lowest its been in the past 8 years and that's with inflated prices for what they try and pass off as entertainment.

Check out this article that appeared today in the Hollywood Reporter. If you read through the comments you'll see how the vast majority of their readers feel about this subject...

Box-Office Slump: Hollywood Facing Worst Summer in Eight Years

Domestic box office is down 20 percent in the U.S. as "Sex Tape" goes limp and, for the first time since 2001, no film crosses $300 million. Laments one studio executive, “I wish I worked at Netflix.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/b ... ing-720420

Maybe if they gave up on continually trying to indoctrinate audiences on their subjective ideologies and just let people enjoy good movies and programming it would be different. Instead Hollytrash has turned into a politically correct mound of perverse hypocrisy.

Here's a suggestion to the executives. How about writing and finishing a script that makes sense before you start filming?

Here's another one. Watch classic movies. You know, the great films that this community used to make back in the days when it was fashionable to actually embrace quality. Learn from the legacy of truly great writers, filmmakers and actors.

I no longer watch TV and will probably avoid the movie theaters from now on. What I get through the Internet is far more satisfying.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Hollywood content sucks

Postby jeffnevins » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:56 am

Wow, thanks for the heads up. And what a subject to mess up. I was curious about it due to my beliefs.

Last movie I saw in the theater was Wreck-It Ralph, since I've loved video games since Pong & it looked like fun animation. Yeah, I'm pretty picky due to finances anyway. If something exceptional comes along someday, I might see it.
jeffnevins

Postby Charles » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:12 pm

I apologize if I'm coming off in a negative way but I'm so fed up with this corrupt town and their twisted ways.

Superhero movies, sequels, more superhero movies, more sequels, more VFX, that's about all this place has to offer creatively. There's a few bright lights here and there mostly in animation but live action is in a sad state in my opinion.

Here's something else I'd like to share. File this under as vile and sick as it gets.

Think television can't get any lower than it is? Check out what MTV is planning...

Bozell & Graham Column: Step Right Up to MTV's Incest Plot

By Brent Bozell and Tim Graham
July 19, 2014

For those who predict the coming collapse of Western civilization, there’s always MTV for proof. At this year's Television Critics Association summer tour in Hollywood, MTV put on a panel discussion for the press with the cast and creators of a forthcoming series called "Happyland." The female star of the show, actress Bianca Santos, announced the new MTV motto: “Incest is hot, and we’re going to have fun!”

Full article here...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-boze ... ncest-plot

Daily Z

Charles

Postby SNAKEBITE » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:16 pm

Charles, you are a professional story teller, artist and educator. You are fully capable of giving a truthful review, even if it's critical. Anyone making you feel negative about your truth, based on your extensive experience and diligence, is the one who is being negative.

Yeah man, Noah was about confusion. There is a war on our souls and consciousness and Hollywood is a big part of it.

I watch whats considered mainstream movies and the first thing I say out loud was, "Was there a script? Do people even write movies or do they just jump in with a concept and some actors??"

I went back to watching cartoons. The New Animated Teen Age Mutant Turtles is the bomb. it'll make you smile too!
SNAKEBITE

Postby Charles » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:29 pm

I try to find the positive in things and avoid as much as possible being cynical, or at least I've been attempting to do that over the course of time, but it's tough when it comes to this twisted town.

Here's more Holly-hypocrisy.

There's a celebrity oriented drive to stop gun violence in the US through a public service announcement along those lines recently. If these people put as much emphasis on ending gratuitous gun violence in the content that their own industry creates itself, don't you think things will improve?

If these actors really want an end to gun violence, then why don't they practice what they preach and get their own house in order first.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:46 pm

Priceless! Check out this video. It's a response to the one above and perfectly proves my point...

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:07 pm

This one's even better...

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:24 pm

Evidently a lot of people are feeling the way I do about what's happening in Hollytrashcan.

Follow this link to read comments about the latest movie releases this weekend...

http://nikkifinke.com/box-office-lucy-o ... /#comments

Daily Z

Charles

Postby SNAKEBITE » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:46 pm

It's getting harder and harder to package sociopathic behavior as entertainment or even to take seriously..it seems more people are waking up.
SNAKEBITE

Return to General Discussion