animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Crowdfunding hits home

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Crowdfunding hits home

Postby Charles » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:47 pm

Hello there ANers and folks stopping by.

I want to share some interesting news that's come my way. No big earth shattering stuff but significant none the less.

Had a conversation with a friend just now who's been working in the VFX industry in Hollywood for many years. He's been dealing with all that's involved with this scene. Partial employment, local studios shipping work out to pocket tax subsidies / bribes, etc.

His professional experience is solid with many high level high profile projects plus his knowledge is vast.

He and another friend in VFX who's been chronically unemplyed for a long time have been hired to do the VFX work on a live action project that's been... CROWDFUNDED on Indiegogo!

Since we can't rely on studio executives to keep artists employed is sure is good to know that crowdfunded projects are getting to the point where they can pick up these outstanding talents and have them create new masterworks!

The benefits of the crowdfunding are tangible in many ways! Great to see things have progressed this far.

Imagine the future!

Keep creating!

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion