animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Applying skills I learned in animation in live action

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Applying skills I learned in animation in live action

Postby SNAKEBITE » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:57 pm

Some of you might know or not know that I am evolving more into live action production. Documenting AnimationNation Nights a few years back sparked me picking up a camera and really documenting what we were doing.

When I co-founded an art gallery, social club, tattoo studio is South Beverly hills I fine tuned those intentions and documented the hell out of everything we were doing. I was just using one DSLR and iMovie11 on my iMac... I shot a lot of artists doing what they do best. Connecting with them as humans, being. Life long connections come out of such things. It's been an amazing journey....Especially this last year.

The last year has been a big leap of faith into this new love. Up till then I only did live documentation of events and musical performances..I was even honored to get 12 thousand hits on a live house party performance I captured... It obsesses me now. I can apply everything I have learned as an artist in this medium.Upgrading to multiple cameras and Final Cut Pro my production value has changed..And whats even more exciting is I get to collaborate with my lady, Samee Tatu, who is an amazing artist. She makes everything we do better.

I have done so much in the last year as far as video production. Music, art, business and even an original show for my lady, Samee Tatu, for youtube. We have over 15 episodes already.

The music videos are my favorites, though. I've always wanted to direct sci fi movies and music videos... So right now, its all about the music videos. Small campaigns with big results...

It's all about the editing time. You can have ok footage and make it real cool with editing...of course I try to get the best footage I can get, I make lots of mistakes as I go.

THis video is the very first client I had for a music video back in september of 2013...not even a year ago. This was my first attempt with producing a video from written to final. My first time working in final cut pro and I even used animation tricks for the effects!

I have a bunch of unreleased content coming, but wanted to share this with you. The story and the art. Cuz we're all about sharing our journey on AnimationNation.

There's a short movie at the beginning. The music starts in about two minutes. Hope you laugh! but not at me. HA! Thanks for your time and space!
SNAKEBITE

Re: Applying skills I learned in animation in live action

Postby SNAKEBITE » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:57 pm

I'm having a hard time embedding the file.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcD_Vb2 ... -Wqfx1kV8A
SNAKEBITE

Postby Charles » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:16 pm

Here ya go bro. Had the pleasure of seeing the video early on upon completion. You did a great job! The people behind this lucky to have you creating their content.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby SNAKEBITE » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:49 pm

Thank you brother! and thanks for posting that. I dont know why it wouldn't work on my end. New stuff coming soon!
SNAKEBITE

Return to General Discussion