animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Hey there AN ! - Here's what's up

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Hey there AN ! - Here's what's up

Postby Charles » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:52 pm

Hello all you great people!

It's been a long and winding road on a journey that's coming to an end in one way and a new beginning in another, but still the path.

Lately you may have noticed that I've kind of been taking a break from posting on our venerable forums. I like to post announcements and such plus commentaries and you know the rest. That hasn't been quite the case as of late.

Reason being I'm working on something special. A project I've been developing for a long time. It's a character based franchise which I'll be launching on or about April 1 2014.

That's a week from today.

I'm excited that it's at this point and relieved that I'll finally be able to share it.

Cuz that's what it's been about all this time brothers and sisters!

Creating that content, creating your art, creating your creative freedom and prospering from your Independent Economy!

This is a new day and age we're in and it's as exciting as it is liberating and promising!

I'll be taking the jump into our brave new world soon!

Looking forward to sharing the adventure!

Keep Creating and Never Give Up !!!

:)

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Hey there AN ! - Here's what's up

Postby SNAKEBITE » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:02 pm

Gonna be epic!

"Keep Creating" is inline with "Never Give Up!"! Constant message I always have received and believed.

Can't wait to check it!
SNAKEBITE

Postby jeffnevins » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:02 pm

Yes, it has been quiet for me 'round here. Since the release of the game I did art/animation for in late Dec., haven't had much to say. But hearing about your project almost being done prompted me to post. Looking forward to seeing it & congrats on an upcoming wrap.
jeffnevins

Postby Charles » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:30 am

Thank you Jeff and Brother Bite! 8-)

Here's what followers of the project can expect to experience.

This will be the launch of a character based franchise. A property that's been in development for many moons and whose time has come. You can expect to see an online comic / storybook. Chapters will be published thrice every two weeks. For example, on Monday and Thursday one week, on Wednesday the next and alternating that way as we build up from there.

There's a good deal of content that will take you into a special story. Characters you've never seen before and a narrative that is unusual.

You can help this become even more special than it is by promoting it if you would please, through your own channels, networks and connections. This can be a creative experience that helps change the way things are done. We can build an original franchise just by having fun.

If the website isn't ready by Tuesday I'll be publishing on AN and then continue there once it's operational. In any case, publication will commence here with a great community I'm happy to interact with.

Thank you friends!

I'll be back on April 1 as we begin the journey!

Keep Creating! :)

Charles Zembillas
March 29 2014
Burbank California
USA

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:29 pm

Hello there AN !!!

Here's what I've been up to lately that's keeping me busy...

INTRODUCTION

CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER THREE

Plus more is on the way.

KEEP CREATING every day ! 8-)

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion