animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

MERRY CHRISTMAS 2013

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

MERRY CHRISTMAS 2013

Postby Charles » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:50 am

Hard to believe that Christmas Day is here already! Man time is sure flying by.

Has some fun tonight as I had my acrylic paints, brushes and illustration board lying around so I thought I'd do a quick painting of a concept of what Jesus might have looked like. This is a three hour study I finished up a little while ago.

JesusHolyMan1a.jpg

In all the years I've been hosting AN and especially since the advent of video sites such as YouTube, I've made it a tradition to share videos of the season with friends and followers on the forums.

This year I'd like to feature three that I consider very special and among my all time favorites.

The first is from the West of Christendom, the second from the East, and the third is from the good ol USA.

To all you great folks out there, wishing you a Joyous Christmas and all the very best that life has to offer now and always!

Merry Christmas friends and Keep Creating!!! :)

Daily Z

Charles

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS 2013

Postby Charles » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:18 pm

If you grew up in the Chicagoland area you know that it wouldn't be Christmas without these three videos. They aired on WGN TV which was a local station until years later when it became a cable super station. They were aired in what became a tradition for viewers going way back to 1952 thanks to the week day puppet show Garfield Goose and Friends with Frazier Thomas.

They're all time classics for every age. The first is "Hardrock, Coco and Joe" followed by "Suzy Snowflake" by George Pal's Centaur Productions. Then the jazzy "Frosty the Snowman" by UPA. The first two are stop motion animation and the last traditionally animated. Enjoy...

Daily Z

Charles

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS 2013

Postby SNAKEBITE » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:13 pm

Merry Christmas C and AN!!!
SNAKEBITE

Return to General Discussion