animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Branding Animation from Photoshop to FInal Cut Pro X

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Branding Animation from Photoshop to FInal Cut Pro X

Postby SNAKEBITE » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:00 pm

I've been learning Final Cut Pro. I've been doing mini documentaries for the last few years and I do all my editing on iMovie 11. Which was cool! But, I hit the ceiling awhile a go...

I've been getting hired to do Music Videos now and I told myself I had to make the leap into Final Cut if I want to be a pro...I could of gone Adobe Premier but for some reason I was encouraged to go with FCPX...And to my surprise the new FCP interface, which seems the editor industry hates, is very much like iMovie...so my learning curve was pretty minimal.

AND, it works pretty seemlessly with layered photoshop files!!! YAY..

I do have to learn After Effects though. I feel like between Photoshop, Final Cut and After Effects I'll have the tools I need to continue my film making journey.

So with that said, here are some beta tests for my brands. Photoshop Commandos, Snakebite Cortez(ofcourse) and my Transmedia company, ENTERMERCE!

This is all testing and I'm doing a series of tutorials to show you how I did it. But in the meantime, check it. I still have to work on Timing on some stuff but Im having fun.

Music by local musicians, Zack Young (who is a film maker as well) and master percussionist, composer and medicine man, Greg Ellis. My friends and inspirations!

Make sure you turn up the volume on the player for some reason the default sets the music off. I'm trying to address that. But there is cool music.

If you have any questions as to how I did some of the tricks just ask!
SNAKEBITE

Re: Branding Animation from Photoshop to FInal Cut Pro X

Postby Charles » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:30 pm

Looks great! It's amazing what you can do with programs like Final Cut Pro and others. I've seen the videos you're creating and you're coming up with exciting things. Looking forward to what's next from the mind and vision of Snakebite Cortez! 8-)

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Branding Animation from Photoshop to FInal Cut Pro X

Postby SNAKEBITE » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:40 pm

Thank you brother!

By your request!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5014
SNAKEBITE

Return to General Discussion