animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Does God care about animation and animators?

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Does God care about animation and animators?

Postby aydellon » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:40 pm

Yes! I believe he does. I was just wondering if there are any other christians, catholics, thaumaturges, or any other God seekers out there who feel a calling from God to the animation industry and family. I am looking to talk, draw and pray with like minded people about our great animation calling. Anyone interested? thoughts? comments?

wwww.studiobeltran/ministry/
aydellon

Re: Does God care about animation and animators?

Postby jeffnevins » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:28 am

Hey, I'm a Christian and animator. I've met a few others in the past decade or two. Been working at an indie game company the past 7 years or so. Content isn't always overtly Christian, but there's allegory, and content comes from that perspective. Checked out you website. Nice work.
jeffnevins

Postby Charles » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:49 pm

Perhaps a question that is just as appropriate is...

Does animation and animators care about God?

Hello aydellon and thanks for starting this topic.

Personally I believe in God and in Jesus Christ.

For years the AN Forums welcomed theological discussions if members were so inclined. Along with politics and just about anything else anyone wanted to talk about. As long as it was respectful and considerate and within the parameters of our policies and guidelines.

Unfortunately a few of our members at the time, one in particular who was an atheist, did his best to destroy the culture of tolerance and thoughtful exchange of ideas. This was on the old forums. As a result after a long period of patiently putting up with it we had to close off discussions concerning religion and related philosophy and eventually switch to the forums we're currently using.

Feel free to talk about anything you want here or to feature the content you desire. As long as it's done respectfully and within the parameters of our policies ( just say no to malicious behavior ) you're welcome to make use of the AN Forums for personal expression, promotion and community.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Greg B » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:10 am

Since the first day I picked up a pencil and started drawing I felt that God was with me.

Sure we all fall off or wander but that doesn't mean God ain't there. Today you have physicists saying there is no God based on the latest model of cosmology. Mind you, they still can't explain 75% of Dark Energy or Dark Matter, but they sure can make these definitive statements. Not realizing that spiritual things are outside of the normal which is why we call them:

PARAnormal.

Each religion may offer some enlightenment in one way or another. Bottom line is, are you more constructive or destructive?
Greg B

Without A Doubt...Let's Care Back!

Postby ChanceRaz » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:21 am

This is a fantastic topic and very appropriate question to be asking this industry (or any artistic one for that matter!) A huge thanks to everyone who's participated so far, especially Aydellon for posting and Charles for the followup question. =)

I believe with all my heart and soul that God had a special plan in mind when He created the creators. Personally, I've always felt very close to God (despite some unique hardships in my life) because The Bible says we are all made in God's image, and God is the ultimate Creator. Therefore, I believe very strongly that every artist of any profession or field has been blessed by God with a divine gift that many do not possess, and that we have not just an opportunity, but a responsibility to honor God with that gift. We are not better - everyone is creative in some way. We are all blessed! Why not give the glory back to our Blesser? Credit where credit is due!

That said, if you would like to check out my new album, I've launched an IndieGoGo campaign to fund its postproduction. Here's the link - http://igg.me/at/oldsoulsyounghearts. A lot of people have compared its overall sound to the intro of an Anime series. Tracks 1, 3, 10, 12, and 14 are for/about God. In addition, Track 11 is the theme song to my upcoming animated series, Little Billy, which will also incorporate God in its story. If you missed Little Billy's Kickstarter, now's your chance to pledge, support, and help spread the word!

I know God cares about Animation and everyone in it, just like He cares for all His children. Let's show Him (and keep showing Him) we care back by honoring Him with our work! Even when we take jobs that don't do this, we've always got spare time, and the only one who can stop us from doing it then...is us. ;)

God Bless,
Chance

www.igg.me/at/oldsoulsyounghearts (PLEDGE HERE)
www.facebook.com/ChanceRaspberryMusic ("Like" Music Here)
www.LittleBilly.com (Official Website)
www.facebook.com/HesLittleBilly ("Like" Little Billy Here)
ChanceRaz

Postby Miracle » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:12 pm

Hello,
Sorry to add to this thread so late. The Bible tells how God cares for the smallest sparrow, so consider how much more he cares for us. As for caring for the art, I am not sure God would like some of the more cutting-edgy comedy animations that thumb their noses at the 10 commandments and general moral codes, but the Creator of the universe is widely known as having made man in his own image.
We are all creative in our own way.

Blessings,
Tom Hignite
MIRACLE STUDIOS
Miracle

Return to General Discussion