animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

First animated feature from Costa Rica - Indiegogo

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

First animated feature from Costa Rica - Indiegogo

Postby Charles » Mon May 20, 2013 2:06 pm

This came in over the weekend. News about the first animated feature film in progress in Costa Rica. It's also an Indiegogo campaign...

Hi friends at Animation Nation! My name is Guillermo Tovar C, I am artist and animator from Costa Rica. Along with my wife Nadia Mendoza A, I am directing the first artistic animated feature film to ever come out of Central America, Mexico and the Caribean, and one of the very few to ever come out of Latin America.

It is an independent low budget film, and both of us have done 99% of the production ourselves, following the steps of artists such as Bill Plymton, Nick Cross, and MDotStrange, to name a few.

It is expected to be finished by Dec 2013.

Right now we are also holding a crowdfunding campaign to cover postproduction expenses. The movie will be posted on line to watch free of charge once it is finished and after it makes the festival run.
It would be great if you could give the project a shout out, if you like of course. Thank you for taking the time to read this message.

Here is the link to our trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khIJ6Ej3jqY

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-esoteric-birthday

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion