animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Approaching people with free work requests

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Approaching people with free work requests

Postby SNAKEBITE » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:07 pm

I found this video. She doesn't work in animation and she's not an artist. Doesn't know Steve Silver or AnimationNation. So I thought it would be a great additional perspective on how to handle the request for free work.

Now, I'm not down with the whole "super zen its all good" approach. Not that she is either, I'm just saying sometimes you need to scold a person who is disrespectful because there are people with bad intent and hold no value for your work or your person.

But with that said, I think its good to get many insights into this subject that seems to affect everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjXlfq6F ... e=youtu.be
SNAKEBITE

Re: Approaching people with free work requests

Postby Charles » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Good advice. She comes from a place of love, respect and educating. Also being aware of oneself, your own boundaries, and in effectively communicating what your limits are when it comes to all things gratis. Thanks for posting, this is helpful. Here's the video...

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion