animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

SPOTLIGHT: Spectral Motion

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

SPOTLIGHT: Spectral Motion

Postby EAllen » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:08 pm

spectralmotion1.JPG
spectralmotion1.JPG (30.42 KiB) Viewed 184 times

Okay, I'm gonna cheat a little here. Spectral Motion is an in-demand leader in makeup and on-set creature (practical) effects. They do terrific concept and maquette design work as well. I've posted examples below.

Maquettes

And you can see the rest of their maquette designs here.

Have a watch or a clock nearby before you go on over to the Spectral Motion site. You could easily lose a couple hours just browsing their Fantastic Four design work, or the badass stuff they did for the Hellboy movies. I found myself saying badass so much while looking at their work that I've taken on a goal, to find alternatives to describe something that's cool-looking, rather than trot out the tired "badass" adjective whenever I see something visually striking or arresting.

CONCEPT ILLUSTRATION WORK:

'Kay, I think you guys get the idea. :D

LINK!

http://spectralmotion.com/elements/homepage.html
EAllen

Return to General Discussion