animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

AN's Year, Giving Back

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

AN's Year, Giving Back

Postby Greg B » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:53 pm

I'm working my ass off to catch up on lost things the past year. It was one evil year but the fact I survived is nothing less than a miracle.

I'm lining my projects up for more art and even some animation and will be using crowdfunding. I expect more ANers will be using crowdfunding and I'll share what I know about it with the upcoming ebook I'm working on.

However that's not all I'm sharing, I'm giving back. Yes, I for one will be forking over money to AN in donations because it's the right thing to do. It's about time us old skool ANers set more of an example and thank Charles and his crew for what they've done. In the past I've sent some money, stuck my neck out real far, got attacked and more but I knew a day would come when struggling artists would see the value of taking responsibility and getting into the fight not sitting on the sidelines.

Maybe we need a crowdfunding section of AN?
Greg B

Re: AN's Year, Giving Back

Postby Charles » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:30 am

Greg, thanks! I'm planning a crowdfunding campaign. It will initially be for the Academy and will likely include AN under the campaign's umbrella. maybe a separate one for AN would be in order. We'll see.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion