animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Gary Montalbano Book Signing at Petra Gallerie Los Angeles

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Gary Montalbano Book Signing at Petra Gallerie Los Angeles

Postby SNAKEBITE » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:59 pm

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=147050661996900

Interstellar space dwellers are all welcome. Come enjoy the transformative frequencies that energize the cosmos. Gary Montalbano's "Memories Within Dreams" step us into the light of the 10th dimension. Put on your space helmet and set your O2 to OMy because your head is about to explode from the fractal mind warp that is Montalbano's creations.

See the wonder, meet the artist, touch the event horizon, have some refreshments ...and let go and get sucked into the vortex of Petra Gallerie.

Music Supplied by Shaft 9000

check the links for info and map

www.petragallerie.com

1151 South Robertson BLVD. SORO LA 90035

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&clien ... CBMQ8gEwAA

Gary says:"Thank you Mr.Bite for putting up this post!
If anyone is curious, at the Petra Gallerie book signing I will have a lot of my 3'x3'+ sized original paintings hanging on the walls. It is the same artwork that is in the book. Feel free to com...e by and check it out.

The book itself is 160 pages with over 450 pieces of art, accompanied by over 10,000 words of explanatory text. The book comes in Hardcover and Softcover and I would be happy to sign and draw a sketch in it for you!"
SNAKEBITE

Re: Gary Montalbano Book Signing at Petra Gallerie Los Angel

Postby EAllen » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:00 pm

Finally, Gary's book sees the light of day! What a badass event!

Congratulations, Gary! See you on the bookshelf, as Jerry Spinelli once told me . . .

Thanks for sharing, Bite.
EAllen

Postby Charles » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:14 pm

Gary Montalbano gave us a sneak peak of his new book at a recent AN Night. It's a beautiful work full of beautiful art. Gary's been working in animation since the mid 1980s and is one of the industry's most respected visual development, production design and high concept artists. I've known Gary since the time he broke into animation and I've always been fascinated with his exquisite work and especially his creative vision. He's a magnificent talent.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:39 am

Gary's book signing for "Memories Within Dreams" at Petra Gallerie was a truly beautiful evening. Thanks to Snakebite, Gary, John and everyone involved in hosting it. It was my first visit to Petra and one that I won't forget. Had a great time. I met many wonderful people and saw plenty of friends and acquaintances, but what topped it off for me was running into a couple of very special friends who I hadn't seen in years and whom I used to work with at DIC back in the day. It was one of those magical nights.

The gallery itself is significant. Located in Beverly Hills, it has a growing inventory of fine original art and prints, sculptures, books and t-shirts with a price range of a few bucks to $40,000. There's plenty of unique art for every budget and I see it becoming a mecca for many artists in the Los Angeles area.

Gary's book is must have for collectors as well as fans of animation and fantasy art. It comes in both hardcover and softcover. I discussed with Gary the possibility of featuring him at our following AN Night in October and he's up for it. Gary will be in attendance at this coming AN Night on September 28 with Richard Chavez so for folks interested in purchasing his book beforehand, the author will be available.

Once again, thanks Snakebite, Gary Montalbano, John Felix and all for a memorable evening and a great time. Wishing you every success and beyond with Petra. I hope to be there soon for a signing of my own once my second book is ready. Your gallery will be my first choice in venues. I'll be working harder to see this happen now that I've experienced the place. Cheers.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby EAllen » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am

Looks like I should make the extra effort to get to Petra.

That was a glowing endorsement, Charles!
EAllen

Postby SNAKEBITE » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:42 pm

Yes it was, Enoch! Thanks Charles. We had a great time and I was so stoked you had the chance to make it! We're very blessed with how far we've come in just a short time. I have big plans for the near future for PetraGallerie.com and the physical Petra Gallerie.

It's a lot of work, but it doesn't feel like it. Although now I have to work harder at making time for the art part but I have to since its my spot. lol gotta represent on a regular.

Good thing I have lots of stuff on my hard drive that I have yet to publish!

Hey Charles, is it alright if I quote you for press purposes? Put it on our facebook? Website? ofcourse I will link it all back to the source.

thanks again to everyone! Gary, you rocked it. He stayed well after 1 am, signing and doing sketches for people. Gary is a class act and I want to do a group book signing in the near future and have Gary come back for those of you who might of missed the chance!

I'm planning on doing two events a month pretty soon here. Maybe after the first of the year. I have lots of people to showcase and lots of ideas.
So much fun! I wake up excited everyday.
So much potential and it's surrounded by good people.
SNAKEBITE

Return to General Discussion