animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Social Media, Crowdfunding with 3D Printing will evolve us

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Social Media, Crowdfunding with 3D Printing will evolve us

Postby SNAKEBITE » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:21 pm

I'm stoked as hell, howa bout you?

SNAKEBITE

Re: Social Media, Crowdfunding with 3D Printing will evolve

Postby Charles » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:45 am

Imagine what a character modeler can do with this technology. Create something in Maya or Zbrush or Blender or what have you, then print it out as a sculpture on demand one by one and sell it through a crowdfunding campaign.

Artists will be making so much money they'll ask themselves what they ever saw in work for hire when you can literally print out your product and send it on its way.

Think about how this will affect manufacturing. Why outsource production when you can do it in a side room at your studio or even at home?

The more I see and learn when it comes to crowdfunding and technologies that can further support independent production, distribution and now manufacturing the more I see the old model of making a living as a work for hire artist increasingly obsolete.

Thanks for posting this brother. It's a homepage article for this day.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion