animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Support industries for Kickstarter

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Support industries for Kickstarter

Postby Charles » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:23 pm

Looks like support businesses are sprouting up around Kickstarter. With the success of so many projects through crowdfunding now you have companies that specialize in providing services for these campaigns.

Here's one that involves manufacturing your product once it's been funded...

We were made to make products for Kickstarter creators. I started this business 7 years ago with the idea that new technologies would become available to allow individuals to create new ideas and sell them competitively on the national and global stage. Kickstarter is that technology for funding and market validation just as we are that technology for manufacturing. We can get legitimate manufacturing quotes to help you define your donation levels. If you are already on Kickstarter and need to start manufacturing your project, we can manage the entire manufacturing process for you, everything from manufacturing and quality control to packaging and shipping will be taken care of through our expert teams in the US and in China resulting in very competitive pricing and, more importantly, the quality your customers are expecting.

http://www.berkeleysg.com/kickstarter/

This operation is for campaigns that need order fulfillment...

Rush Order for Kickstarter Projects

Wondering how you’re going to ship all those products, t-shirts, and rewards to your backers and customers? Or, maybe you just don’t want to do it yourself?

Better yet, what are you going to do with the millions of orders you are going to ship when you become a mega success? What about integration with big box retailers when the time comes?

No problem. Rush Order has you covered!

http://www.rushorder.com/introducing-ru ... MgodtmIABg

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Support industries for Kickstarter

Postby Greg B » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:55 am

Yes, and one should be cautious of these crowdfunding support groups. It's a secondary industry that is growing and of course you'll see scammers. Be wary.
Greg B

Postby Charles » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:50 pm

I just had an extended conversation with a fellow from Texas who's been producing animated videos for... get this... clients who want to take their projects to Kickstarter!

An animator doing work for hire for others who want to initiate crowdfunding campaigns for their projects!

Talk about a support industry!

Of course I told him in a very positive way and in no uncertain terms that he should be producing animation for his own properties and taking them to Kickstarter as well.

He was also under the impression that by going with a crowdfunding campaign that he would be compromising the ownership of his projects. He thought that when people pledged they were actually investing in the traditional sense of the word.

Nothing like that at all!

I think the message got through. ;)

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Greg B » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:55 pm

Charles, I just had a conversation with Greg D who owns the crowdfunding site http://www.gofundme.com/?aff=gbone of the top 3 crowdfunding sites about successful campaigns. Video helps as does artwork so that secondary market is indeed growing. People need anything they can get that will make their campaigns work. I focus on medical help which is what GoFundMe is foremost in and is propelling them to the top.

Just last week a lady needed some medical help and in just a few hours went from 0 to over $30k for treatments outside of the U.S.. Hers was a special case as she used to be a famous celeb but the fact she could get medical help made us all feel we had done something worthwhile.

So let's say an average artist could make a few grand from doing a presentation. Now that could be quite a haul over time too as more people request their help.

A good idea as long as it doesn't get out of hand.
Greg B

Return to General Discussion