animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

how bad has it gotten?

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

how bad has it gotten?

Postby sorryguyz » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:39 pm

sorryguyz

Re: how bad has it gotten?

Postby Charles » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Great video! Thanks for posting. I published it on AN's homepage today along with a link to this topic.

In fairness here's a couple of rebuttals to the statistics in the video. Frankly I along with many others see what's happening in this country and around the world. There's no question that things are screwed up along these lines. Still, let's give them their say...

Daily Z

Charles

Re: how bad has it gotten?

Postby skynet » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:07 pm

No one can know the absolute facts about all income at any given moment. There are soooo many variables. I do agree with that, but don't agree with a lot of stuff the dude critiquing the first video says. Besides, to me it seems like it's pretty much to the point where you don't need any charts and graphs to realize what goes on with the ultra rich people who are above the law and siphoning most of the money into their pockets. Money that will most likely never be returned back to anyone's economy.
skynet

Return to General Discussion