animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Need advice for assembling still images

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Need advice for assembling still images

Postby stebinus » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:45 am

I have been working with digital photos for some years now and now I would like to animate them through changing abstract forms. I am using Paint Shop Pro (primarily but not limited to the kaleidoscope effect) to incrementally alter the images and then I place them in a movie program to animate the changes. Unfortunately the smallest changes I can make with kaleidoscope create a greater change than I want my animations to proceed with so that I end up getting either jerky motion or having to run the frames too fast so the movement will be smooth. Can I get some hints on how to alleviate this and with what animation software? I guess I should also ask if this is feasible with an older PC 2.4G mhz and 512 M of RAM. Thank you.
stebinus

Re: Need advice for assembling still images

Postby Charles » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:52 am

Have you considered After Effects? I'm not familiar with the program but will be picking up the basics of it soon. I hear from many people who've had success animating with it.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby stebinus » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:17 am

Do you think the earlier versions(4-7) would do the job? The CS versions are out of my price range and possibly computer specs too.
stebinus

Postby Charles » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:13 pm

I couldn't tell you as I really don't know. Hopefully one of our members will check in a share their knowledge. You can animate in Photoshop. I'm not aware how extensive the animation tools are but from what I understand After Effects is popular and effective in that area.

Google "animating in After Effects" and "animating in Photoshop" and I'm sure you'll find helpful info.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Sikanda » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:05 am

I think for simple image movement you should be able to. If not you can try flash or FCP
Sikanda

Postby stebinus » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:55 am

i now have After Effects 6.5 and Flash 8. What I want to do is to have a program that will interpolate a frame or two or three between two complex images(see attached). I don't think morphing will work. Before I get deeply into these programs can anyone tell me if they or any other program will do the job and with the amount of computing power I have?
Attachments
1.jpg
0.jpg
stebinus

Return to General Discussion