animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

cartoonbleh

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

cartoonbleh

Postby sorryguyz » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Jerry Beck left cartoon brew. Or Amid bought out his half.

Cartoonbrew is now officially the TMZ of animation news. the bottom of the barrel stories. trash, garbage and gossip. Any integrity that the site had is now gone with Jerry's exit.

Why not join in on the discussion over at cartoonbrew right now! just make sure your comments are kissing amid's ass or he will not approve them and censor any dissenting legitimate opinion that makes him look like he's in the wrong (which in a lot of cases he is).

While you're there try to navigate through their new convoluted, cluttered layout full of big flashy, obnoxious ad spaces from mega studios that have the money to pay for them. Learn about which of the current animated features is up for an award. An award from an organization where votes can be bought through membership. "Work with me Annie Let's get it while the gettin' is good"

Thank goodness for real sites like AN who give you unfiltered truth on how this business really operates. And also encourages alternatives to the corrupt dinosaur system that steve "that's the way it is, that's the way it will be " hullett perpetuates with his pointless strolls around studio hallways "checking in"

WHy aren't you there at 9pm steve? 10 pm? 12 am? the weekend?

Oh, sorry, our dues must not pay you enough to actually see artists working free overtime. :lol: :lol:
sorryguyz

Re: cartoonbleh

Postby Charles » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:04 pm

Well don't let the door hit ya in the ass Jerry.

Ooops, I gotta watch myself. He might go postal and call me up and yell at me over the phone. May 2010.

Or he might flip me off for no discernible reason like he did to Snakebite at the union debate on October 21 2011.

Or he might call me "the enemy" like he did at... what a coincidence... the union debate on October 21 2011.

Good luck Mr. Beck. At least you've separated yourself from the lowest of the low. That has to be a step in the right direction.

Developing a mature, professional, mutually respectful and supportive relationship with him or Amidi or Hulett is an impossibility. The dysfunction is too deep.

Thanks for acknowledging AN sorryguyz. Your good word is appreciated. There's still cool people out there and you're one of them.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby SNAKEBITE » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:06 pm

SNAKEBITE

Postby sorryguyz » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:42 pm

That video gave me a good laugh. So good i had to replay it 3 times.

I love cartoons as much as the next person, but i also have a life outside of them and animation. I fear for these goons that their fanboy obsessions have severely limited their capacity to function like normal human beings in social settings. So they can forever hide behind their toys, original cels/drawings, film reels, and other miscellaneous memorandum while failing to face the real problems that continue plague a long-broken industry.

In the meantime the future is now.
sorryguyz

Postby Charles » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:15 am

It's not the industry that's broken per se.

It's a chronically dysfunctional community of animation artists that live in a fantasy fueled by their own neurosis of denial and manifested by fear and hostility and apathy.

Leave the past behind. The future is now! 8-)

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:06 am

The best evidence of the abject hypocrisy of cartoonbrew is the presence of Jerry Beck at the event where this videotape was shot.

If was sponsored by Women In Animation and took place at the meeting room of the Animation Guild in Burbank on October 21, 2011. The great debate that the union membership boycotted cuz I was there. Go figure... :lol:

WIA got $10 per head from those in attendance so it was a fund raiser for them as well.

Now, if Mr. Beck saw fit to grace us with his being there, then it must have been either important enough or entertaining enough for him to be there. If that's the case... why no mention on cartoonbrew? No article, no promotion, no mention either before or after the fact.

Isn't cartoonbrew about animation news? Aren't they all about the artists and the industry and about making things better?

You know guys, not one time did he ever bsupport AN in any way. He never attended an AnimatioNation event, never subscribed to the site when we were asking for an unbelievably outrageous $15 PER YEAR.
At least Amidi went along for a couple of years before throwing a public tantrum and quitting the forums. But that was after I advertised in his Animation Blast magazine for my school at a price of $550 over two issues.

It's a real shame that a couple of guys as passionate about animation as they are can't get over themselves and just be friends. It's asking too much.

Anyway. Whatever. :roll:

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:50 pm

I've got a question for the community.

Do you think that blacklisting goes on in the animation industry?

Daily Z

Charles

Postby SNAKEBITE » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:05 pm

Yes
SNAKEBITE

Return to General Discussion