animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

My video thank you to AN

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

My video thank you to AN

Postby Charles » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:25 am

It's late and I'm tired and I'm not exactly videogenic but I did my best in this my first in person video after many tries. Still screwed up but what the hell. It is what it is. :D

This is the beginning of something new. More on the way...

Daily Z

Charles

Re: My video thank you to AN

Postby SNAKEBITE » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:18 am

Wow,C! Thanks for the props. I'm always humbled every time you acknowledge my contributions. You've always been a huge source of inspiration to my movement. I was stoked to have collaborated with you on any level.

Great video. It captures your essence and I can't wait to see where you go with this. I believe the message of AN will have a wider effect with you producing videos like this.

Keep Creating!
SNAKEBITE

Postby SNAKEBITE » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:19 am

Don't forget the power of editing. Don't kill yourself with those one takes. ;)
SNAKEBITE

Postby Charles » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:08 am

I took your advice and cut the last few seconds of the video. I thought it was funny at the end when I messed up but I'll go with the edited version for now. A better way to wrap up video #1. I'll get the hang of this soon. Been meaning to post video commentary for a long time. Finally got around to it. Gonna have fun with this. Thanks for the good word brother.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby SNAKEBITE » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Both are dope! Can't wait to hear and see more. I think your message will reach so many more people because they will see how real you are.
SNAKEBITE

Postby Charles » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:35 pm

Which one do you like best?

I was weary when I made the video and I think it shows. It was late and I wasn't entirely on top of my game. But all the takes were good practice and I started getting looser and a little more confident with each attempt. I'm glad the first one is out. That was a tough one to do with all my hangups about myself on video. I'm getting use to the new medium now and looking forward to the next one. I'm getting lots of ideas for topics and subjects to cover. The more I do the better I'm get at it and the more I'll enjoy it.

I'm gonna try and shoot another one tonight.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby SNAKEBITE » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:39 pm

Thats why I love to film others! ;)
well, from here it only gets better!
SNAKEBITE

Postby Charles » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:53 am

You would be incredibly effective on video. The first one is the most difficult. Once you get that out than the rest come easy. I just shot my second one and it was much smoother. I'm getting over my inhibitions about my appearance and delivery. The more of these I do the better I'm gonna get at it. I can feel it. Instead of being a tense and unsettling experience it's becoming fun!

Think of the impact you'll have with video brother! Way more effective than the written word alone. People need to see you and you should be seen. You've got a lot to say and share. Do it now while you're still good looking! 8-) ;) :lol:

Daily Z

Charles

Postby SNAKEBITE » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:50 pm

Indeed, I become less and less pretty each day. Now is the time. hahahaha
SNAKEBITE

Return to General Discussion