animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Happy Birthday Little Nemo!!

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Happy Birthday Little Nemo!!

Postby lavallelee » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:20 pm

http://www.traditionalanimation.com/2012/google-honors-107th-anniversary-of-winsor-mccays-little-nemo/

Hey guys check out this article I did for http://www.TraditionalAnimation.com

Be sure to check out Google's new animated logo dedicated to Little Nemo!
lavallelee

Re: Happy Birthday Little Nemo!!

Postby Charles » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:09 am

Good article Lavalle. Especially enjoyed the video of Winsor McCay in 1911 making a bet he could produce movement of his characters with 4000 drawings in one month. An incredible feat. I recall Little Nemo in Slumberland from the 80s. Friends were working on it at the time.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:18 pm

Here's the video I'm referring to. This is 101 years ago and the state of the art in animation. Brilliant artist. Far ahead of his time. Even by today's standards Winsor McCay would be at the top of the field if he were living in our age.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby lavallelee » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:44 am

Have you ever seen the full dvd documentary on McCay? They have so much including that video.

lavallelee

Return to General Discussion