animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Space Suttle Endeavor flies over Burbank!

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Space Suttle Endeavor flies over Burbank!

Postby Charles » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:19 am

I was waking down the street and right when I got to Bento Box Studios (Bob's Burgers animated series) the plane that was carrying Endeavor flew almost right over our heads!

I wasn't able to take a photo but there'll be plenty of video on YouTube soon I'm sure.

What a thrill!

They're retiring Endeavor and this fly by is the shuttle saying so long to all Americans.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Space Suttle Endeavor flies over Burbank!

Postby Charles » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:02 pm

Sure enough, here's video of the fly over in Burbank. This is almost the exact angle at which I saw it so these guys couldn't have been far away...

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Space Suttle Endeavor flies over Burbank!

Postby Charles » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:12 pm

Here's video of Endeavor over the Media District in Burbank. If you know this area of town you'll recognize the high rise office buildings.

This is from the same area as the video above. You can see Endeavor appear in the sky at 2:45...

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion