animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Snakebite educational video BETA: Sketching

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Snakebite educational video BETA: Sketching

Postby SNAKEBITE » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:17 pm

this is a BETA test for a new educational series I'm working where I work with students, I call Prospects, on designs they come up with. This isn't an end product thing. its a journey thing. Participating in how the Prospect sees solving problems. There's many ways to go, picking one is up to you. In my series, I show you different options.

Enjoy. I'm working on more and I'm very excited to be working on this!

SNAKEBITE

Re: Snakebite educational video BETA: Sketching

Postby Charles » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:04 pm

Great video! Thanks for mentioning the school my brother. 8-)

Joel is is a kickass artist of the emerging future. He's doing a complex composition on a sophisticated character getting good guidance. I learned from listening to your instruction to him.

You produce excellent videos. Always enjoying watching them.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby SNAKEBITE » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:50 pm

The Animation Academy has influenced so many influential people in the industry...Having someone from your school, where I went after 8 years working professionally and it kept me in the game 12 years later, I had to acknowledge. A lot of what I talk about I learned from you and the students and instructors that went there as well. It was such a magical time.

I'm glad you like it. I didn't shoot it with full intent but I'm glad I got the footage I got because it gave me great pieces to compose.

I have two other art series. One collaborating with pros and then one based on tattoos with Samee. She's an awesome designer and Samee Tatu is her next project and will impress no doubt. He technique and impeccable and her designs are full of love.

Thanks for the feed back!
SNAKEBITE

Postby SNAKEBITE » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:21 pm

Feel free to share, everyone.
Also, I'm lookin for professional feedback. this episode was filmed kinda half ass. I put the pieces together that I had but there are lots of pieces missing. I'm already refining how I approach filming and working with the collaborator...I'm think of doing more talking and getting the other person to share as well.
SNAKEBITE

Postby SNAKEBITE » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:29 pm

The music is by master percussionist and medicine man, Greg Ellis. I was blessed to have met him along the way during my journey as Director and Partner at the Petra Gallerie SORO Social Club. He performed in my show The Thirteenth Sign and masks of god.

He has traveled and continues to travel around the world to perform medicine rituals using frequencies for sick or unbalanced people. He's an amazing dude.

check him out..this is at his home studio, filmed by his lovely wife.

The album I pulled from for this instructional video is Rhythm Pharm. Music medicine he calls tonics. Each track is live. One take. layered of course. but each layer is one take. He is a master at his craft. to hit these beats and changes without mistake?? takes a sifu fo sho.

You can check his Rhythm Pharm at www.rhythmpharm.com
SNAKEBITE

Postby Charles » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:46 pm

Man, that is amazing! I can sense how what he does helps in healing. Terrific performance, really enjoyed it. Works great for you video.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby SNAKEBITE » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:17 am

He and I will be working together in the future. I'm very excited.
SNAKEBITE

Return to General Discussion