animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Animated Things

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Animated Things

Postby CBP » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:44 am

The other day I posted a short blog listing some of my favorite "animated things". I know that this is really general, but I just want to know what are some of your favorite animated things? What work inspires you, entertains you, makes you laugh or makes you think? http://www.cigaretteburnpictures.com/node/371

-Rob
CBP

Re: Animated Things

Postby NOREKdecay » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:41 am

Those are hard questions, because usually after time passes we find diffrent and new things more interesting than before. But right now what's inspiering for me, is the idea of reverse expectation and moment of surpise. "cigaretteburnpictures " had some classic previews of other vids. I like both game and movie influence, as whatever animation I'll consume it. Looney tunes have amusing expressions, southpark has the whacky humour, some games have the best story idea (my opinion) but lacks the fluid animation.
Some weeks ago, I stumbled across Looney Tune's 3D projects. Their use of 3D animation techniques and short film preformance is currently sucknig up alot of my attention.

Preview of Daffy's Rhapsody:

NOREKdecay

Postby Charles » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:45 pm

Here's the video for "Daffy's Rhapsody". Looks like it was recorded during a theater screening...

Daily Z

Charles

Postby NOREKdecay » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:37 am

Eee I saw first seconds of that recording, but didn't wanna spill the beans untill I find the original (HD). Along with the rest of the looney tunes 3Danimation cartoons.

*sneaks another preview in here*

NOREKdecay

Return to General Discussion