animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Update on The Animation Academy - June 2012

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Update on The Animation Academy - June 2012

Postby Charles » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:31 pm

AnimAcademy_2012.jpg

Hello all.

Here's what's up at The Animation Academy in Burbank.

If you're looking to get in on classes starting this Monday, June 4, it won't be possible as we're booked solid for new students and at capacity in advanced classes.

We're almost booked full for beginning students starting with us on July 3, and we'll be booking for August soon.

In July we have a student coming in from Singapore to be with us. That's in addition to Russia, the UK, Arizona and New Jersey for this year so far.

We have two scholarship winners currently with us and another student being accepted into Cal Arts. The scholarship are the Henry Aaron Chasing the Dream Arts Scholarship from Major League Baseball, and the CFW Foundation Scholarship for art students who are legally blind.

Plus, everyone is doing very well creatively.

The Animation Academy is a school I founded in 1998. We started out in the back room of a local restaurant and it went on to great things through our students and the industry.

The Academy runs a focused program that specializes in developing basic artistic skills as they apply to animation, in particular Character Design, Background Design, Visual Development and Storyboarding among other subjects. Past students are a who's who in animation and current students are on their way to joining the list.

For more info on our program follow the banner link below.

Gracias and thank you.

Daily Z

Charles

Re: Update on The Animation Academy - June 2012

Postby Charles » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:24 pm

It's nice to wind up the week on a positive note.

We're booked solid for new students for classes starting next month on July 3. We're also at capacity for all of our other classes during the week.

Right now all of our sessions are in the evening. Soon we'll be including afternoon sessions to make room for everyone who wants to enroll.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:42 am

Last night in the Character Design 2 class, we had a special guest spend the evening with us. A director from a major animated TV series who's an alumni of the school. Later on in the same session, a director from another major animated TV series joined us as his daughter is enrolled in our program.

Two directors in the same classroom.

Also, we're at capacity for all of our evening classes Monday through Thursday nights. Weekday afternoon sessions will be scheduled starting next month in July for the first time in the Academy's history.

Daily Z

Charles

Postby SNAKEBITE » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Very excited about all the new happenings happening!

I'm also very stoked to be enrolling in next months semester! YES! 13 years later I return!!! How appropriate, 13 years being the magic number...its crazy how much time has passed since I was first a student at The Animation Academy back in 1999 and here I am to get my learn on once more! So looking forward to growing again.
SNAKEBITE

Postby Charles » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:56 am

Following up on last month's update.

We've started afternoon sessions at the Academy. They're working out well. So good in fact it seems that students may prefer them over evening classes.

Right now it's Tuesdays and Thursdays but the way things are going I can see us having classes in the afternoon every weekday except Fridays. We'll be able to offer all of our core classes without having to rotate them with other subjects.

We'll see how it goes from here on out but so far so good!

Daily Z

Charles

Postby Charles » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:48 am

Here's the latest update from The Animation Academy in Burbank.

Last entry concerned the introduction of first ever afternoon classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We've got another group started on Wednesday afternoons and have added that extra session to our current schedule.

We're booked in our evening sessions Mondays through Thursdays. We're also making plan to expand our curriculum and will be clearing out our office to convert it to a second classroom.

Good things happening at the school!

http://www.TheAnimationAcademy.com

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion