If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney
Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter
Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery
I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn
When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones
And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus
A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney
What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi
Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones
Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb
Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Amazon Studios announced the morning, they are looking for an animation character designer or comic book artist to create original character designs for For Sale By Superhero, a family comedy project currently in active development at Amazon Studios. These character designs will be made available for use by directors and storyboard artists applying for an upcoming For Sale By Superhero animatic test movie Open Directing Assignment.
Five artists engaged by Amazon Studios will initially receive $300 per character to create up to three designs (up to a total of $900); of those five artists, one will be selected to move forward with three additional designs at a rate of $300 per character. If a test movie utilizing those character designs goes into production, that designer can earn an additional $1,200 for four more designs.
To be considered, you must submit your portfolio, in a single PDF-format document, at least 150dpi, and no larger than 50mb. It should include all of the following:
• Contact Info – Include your full name, phone number, and email address
• Résumé – Include a list of your prior work
• Art Samples – A selection of your past work that best communicates your suitability for this assignment. You may additionally include a link to your online portfolio.
The Assignment Details describe important additional terms regarding this opportunity.
• We are looking for 5 artists to engage as independent contractors to prepare character designs for For Sale by Superhero.
• The submission deadline is 11:59 PM Pacific Time on June 18, 2012. We suggest you give yourself plenty of time to submit; please don’t wait until the last minute.
• For this opportunity, your first proposal will be the only one considered. Please review your submission carefully before clicking “Submit.”
• If we like the submitted materials from an artist, we may contact that artist to enter into a services agreement with Amazon Studios that will detail the milestones, our approval/acceptance process related to the submitted materials and potential schedule for payments to be made to the artist, as well as other terms of the engagement. To receive any funding from Amazon Studios, the artist will be required to enter into an independent contractor agreement with Amazon Studios. We expect to contact that artist within 8 weeks after reviewing proposals.
• Subject to the terms of the services agreement, Amazon Studios intends to pay those artist(s) as follows:
• USD $900 for a set of three character designs.
• We may select one artist to create:
• Up to three additional character designs at a rate of USD $300 per design.
• If the director of a For Sale by Superhero test movie chooses to use the selected artist’s designs, and we put that test movie into production, up to four additional character designs at a rate of USD $300 per design.
• If we use the artist’s designs in a test movie distributed on Amazon Studios, the artist will receive credit as Character Designer in that test movie.
• To submit, artists must have an Amazon Studios account that has not been terminated or suspended, and must be sure to carefully review, agree to and not be in breach of, the Amazon Studios Account Agreement.
• Submitted materials will be evaluated by the Amazon Studios development staff for quality and creativity. Amazon Studios reserves the sole and exclusive right to make any and all decisions pertaining to submitted materials and its determinations are final, binding, and not subject to challenge or appeal.
Here's a link...
2 posts • Page 1 of 1