animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

  • Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

  • Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

  • I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

  • When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

  • And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

  • A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

  • What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

  • Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

  • Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

North korean Animation?

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

North korean Animation?

Postby Bloodwind » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:49 pm

Well I was getting pumped for the new Avatar:legend of korra and I started looking up information on korean style animation and stumbled on this.

I thought this was very odd. It isn't half bad, I'm kinda sad where it can from. It's called from "A squirrel and the hedgehog". Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNR4kR1u ... _embedded#!

original post here: http://keithlango.blogspot.com/2007/02/ ... ation.html
Video games, illustration and Animation is my life. I can't see myself with out them.

My Tumblr:
http://hardheadedmind.tumblr.com/
My Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/alston2reel
My Twitter:
twitter.com/Ari_BloodwindSt

Take Care
-Ari
User avatar
Bloodwind
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:55 am
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

Re: North korean Animation?

Postby Charles » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:32 pm

Posted a North Korean animated film on the forums last July at this topic.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1942

Here it is again to add to the video you showcased.



Very appealing design, good characters, solid animation.

Goes to show that even repressive totalitarian regimes appreciate quality animation.
_________________________________

Daily Z

Image
User avatar
Charles
 
Posts: 7293
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 5:36 pm

Re: North korean Animation?

Postby Bloodwind » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:32 am

Charles wrote:Posted a North Korean animated film on the forums last July at this topic.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1942

Here it is again to add to the video you showcased.



Very appealing design, good characters, solid animation.

Goes to show that even repressive totalitarian regimes appreciate quality animation.


I'm just happy that even in places like this, there are still people who can make their dreams come true.
Video games, illustration and Animation is my life. I can't see myself with out them.

My Tumblr:
http://hardheadedmind.tumblr.com/
My Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/alston2reel
My Twitter:
twitter.com/Ari_BloodwindSt

Take Care
-Ari
User avatar
Bloodwind
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:55 am
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

Re: North korean Animation?

Postby Charles » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:00 pm

North Korean cartoons have been around for a long time. Don't know the date of this one. The propaganda is evident. Wish there was a translation, but the images communicate what they're trying to get across to their kids.

_________________________________

Daily Z

Image
User avatar
Charles
 
Posts: 7293
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 5:36 pm

Re: North korean Animation?

Postby Bloodwind » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:36 pm

Charles wrote:North Korean cartoons have been around for a long time. Don't know the date of this one. The propaganda is evident. Wish there was a translation, but the images communicate what they're trying to get across to their kids.




Woah, wonder how old these are and if they still make cartoons there.
Video games, illustration and Animation is my life. I can't see myself with out them.

My Tumblr:
http://hardheadedmind.tumblr.com/
My Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/alston2reel
My Twitter:
twitter.com/Ari_BloodwindSt

Take Care
-Ari
User avatar
Bloodwind
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:55 am
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

Re: North korean Animation?

Postby Charles » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:56 pm

There's quite a bit of North Korean animation online. It looks to be of good quality although it seems that just about all of it is propaganda based in some way.

I posted the topic on AN's homepage just now, along with a couple of links to your sites. Thanks for bringing it up, it's an interesting topic.

http://www.animationnation.com

Dedicated topic for this date.
_________________________________

Daily Z

Image
User avatar
Charles
 
Posts: 7293
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 5:36 pm

Re: North korean Animation?

Postby Bloodwind » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:17 pm

Charles wrote:There's quite a bit of North Korean animation online. It looks to be of good quality although it seems that just about all of it is propaganda based in some way.

I posted the topic on AN's homepage just now, along with a couple of links to your sites. Thanks for bringing it up, it's an interesting topic.

http://www.animationnation.com

Dedicated topic for this date.


Woah O_o that's pretty awesome. I've always been interested in Korean animation and art(Mainly south korean) ever since I heard of an artist who goes by the name "Alien1452" his art has been a huge inspiration to me and is the reason why I started drawing again all together. Plus, Lion king and Kung fu panda were probably the two movies that really inspired me. That was until I saw the avatar, I want a way to blend these into my own style of art and animation.
Video games, illustration and Animation is my life. I can't see myself with out them.

My Tumblr:
http://hardheadedmind.tumblr.com/
My Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/alston2reel
My Twitter:
twitter.com/Ari_BloodwindSt

Take Care
-Ari
User avatar
Bloodwind
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:55 am
Location: Grand Rapids, MI


Return to General Discussion

cron