animationnation mission statementunited we brandanimationnation facebook
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. -Walt Disney

• Quality is a great business plan. -John Lasseter

• Let's make some funny pictures. -Tex Avery

• I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -Howard Zinn

• When critics sit in judgment it is hard to tell where justice leaves off and vengeance begins. -Chuck Jones

• And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? -Jesus

• A man should never neglect his family for business. -Walt Disney

• What's most important in animation is the emotions and the ideas being portrayed. -Ralph Bakshi

• Once you have heard a strange audience burst into laughter at a film you directed, you realize what the word joy is all about. -Chuck Jones

• Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. -Buddhist Proverb

Cartoon Concept Design Blog

Share your views on the state of the Animation Industry.

Cartoon Concept Design Blog

Postby FrankForte » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:27 pm

Howdy, I started a new blog.

http://cartoonconceptdesign.blogspot.com/

Over the years I've collected tons of models sheets and concept design art from hundreds of cartoons. Aside from taking classes at with John Nevarez and Charles Z at The Animation Academy, Concept Design Acad, LAAOFA and others, I used these copies as my school. Me and other animation artists would trade stacks of copies with each other. I have boxes of this stuff. Hopefully everyone can get something out of it. Some of the model sheets like Batman, most everyone has seen, but I want this to be a collection of cartoon prod. art from the very beginning to the present.

Going to try and update everyday.

I'm currently doing boards on Bob's Burgers at Bento Box--before that I was on The Super Hero Squad Show at Film Roman and on Hero Factory at Threshold Animation.

Thanks

Frank Forte
FrankForte

Re: Cartoon Concept Design Blog

Postby Charles » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:21 pm

Great to see you here Frank. That's a cool blog you have happening, along with the rest of the ones you're maintaining. I posted an article about Cartoon Concept Design on AN's homepage just now. Congrats!

http://AnimationNation.com.

Here's the dedicated article from September 28, 2011.

More people will find out about what you're doing now. It would be nice to have a link to Animation Nation included among those that you're featuring. We'd like to be associated with this blog.

Good luck and thanks for checking in.

Daily Z

Charles

Return to General Discussion